BV??? Clamydia??? OMG! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

BV??? Clamydia??? OMG! BV??? Clamydia??? OMG!

Unread 01-27-2004, 07:40 PM
BV??? Clamydia??? OMG!

I am just reeling with the course of events within the last week... I have been dealing with ongoing UTI issue's treatments, etc. Started with my gyn, ended up with my URO. The uro did 2 urinalysis with culture, both came back the same. Contaminated. So I was advised by my URO to follow up (fax my latest results )with my gyn for "something" that could be "gyn" related and see if the gyn wants to do any further testing as the URO ruled out UTI??? So I did that.. Well after two sets of faxes and the gyn in and out of the office, I get a call today! He had me come to his office immediately and wanted a repeat urine culture, AND a vaginal culture. Clamydia is one of the tests he did! I am beside myself. I was also wondering if one of the things he will rule out is Bacterial Vaginosis. He made NO mention of my having a yeast infection today when he examined and swabbed. I am not prepared to deal with yet another type of infection. I am really nervous about these results. I can't believe it could be Clamydia as DH and I have not been romantic in a very long time due to surgery and illness, so this threw me for a loop.

I am having a urethral dilation this Friday to deal with retention issues I am still fighting.

I am stressed out enough about that, I don't even know how to digest the events of today. I am rambling... So back to the sit and wait game, wondering what it will show. Does anyone know if a Clamydia test can detect Bacterial Vaginosis?

One good thing I can say, is he asked me about my pelvic pain, and I was happy to report to him, 12 weeks post op, and still feelin NO adhesion pain!!!!

Big Big Hugs.... Susie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2004, 08:37 PM
BV??? Clamydia??? OMG!

Dear Susie...

Wow! I'm sorry you are having to deal with yet one more thing. I don't know much about the infections//tests that you mentioned so am not much help there.... just wanted to "lend an ear". I hope things get sorted out soon and you hear the result from your doctor as soon as possible...

Best wishes for a successful procedure on Friday too.

s

Sarah
Unread 01-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks Sarah!

Are you still scheduled for surgery next week? I had noted that you were supposed to go for surgery next week...

I am just at that point now, where if it is going to happen, it will happen to me.... Geesh....

Oh well... I hope things will get worked out for you! Keep me posted!!!

BIG BIG HUGS.... Susie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2004, 05:18 PM
BV??? Clamydia??? OMG!

Dear Susie,

Thanks for remembering me... yes I have surgery on Feb 4th. I don't know what or if he will find anything. It is scheduled as a laparascopy to perform a Presacral Neurectomy and look for Endo and/or Adhesions. THe surgeon is a Gyn/Onc at the Mayo in Scottsdale and he has a really good reputation for just the type of surgery I am having....

Did you find anything out from the doctor yet? I hope whatever it is is easy to treat.

Sarah
Unread 01-28-2004, 06:06 PM
No news yet.

Sarah, I wrote it down. You have been a wonderful wealth of information and support for me... So I wanted to remember you, and give you some hugs before you go. I hope you get some relief from this surgery. I have heard WONDERFUL things about the Mayo doctors in Scottsdale. A few of my new found friends on an Adhesions Support site, much like this one, called Bombobeach.com, have been there. I have also heard good things about gyn oncologists... A little more specialized in harder to treat cases.. I will light a candle for you and say a prayer that all goes well, and your pain is taken care of!

I bet your busy getting ready too! Like I said you will be in my thoughts next week!!!

No news yet from the doctor, I hope tomorrow... The nurse said he would be calling me personally with the results... Which again I thought was a little un-nerving... So I will hope for the best and wait... I have read alot of not so good things while waiting, so I hope it is not too long....

BIG BIG 's Susie
Unread 01-29-2004, 10:57 PM
BV??? Clamydia??? OMG!

Hi Suzie,

Chlamydia is detected by a swab sample from the cervix and sent off to a lab for something called DNA amplification. Bacterial vaginosis can be diagnosed in the office, again by a swab (wet mount) from the cervix, then the doc looks at it under the microscope to tell if BV is present. If so, antibiotics are prescribed, usually Flagyl. If the DNA probe comes back positive for Chlamydia, antibiotics are prescribed (usually doxycycline) plus antibiotic for Ghonorrhea, as it is very common for people to get both at the same time (travelling companions....). Hope this helps some. Judy

PS BV is not considered a sexually transmitted desease - it is an overgrowth of normal flora. Chlamydia and gonorrhea are STDs.
Unread 01-30-2004, 06:33 AM
Thank you for your info Judy

I really freaked when he thought about Chlamydia, because me and my DH have been together for almost 20 years... And I am confident there has been no infidelity... But my Gyn approached it VERY professionally.... I still have heard nothing, and my tests were Tuesday... So maybe right now, no news is good news... My gyn and uro don't seem concerned about proceeding with the dilation today... So keeping my fingers crossed...

Thanks for the info.... Should the results be in already?

Thanks again.
Unread 01-30-2004, 12:42 PM
BV??? Clamydia??? OMG!

Well, I'll bet you are right about your DH being faithful ... hold that thought. You have enough on your plate. I saw your other post about the need for further surgery and the dilation. I am so sorry that this is a continuing battle.

Just remember that we are here for support, whatever the news is!!!!! No judgement ...

just gentle, healing s !!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register