does anyone else HATE the NEW you?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

does anyone else HATE the NEW you?? does anyone else HATE the NEW you??

Unread 01-29-2004, 02:18 PM
does anyone else HATE the NEW you??

Hi sisters,
I wanted to wait until I was at six months to ask this question, because I was really hoping not to feel this way by now. Today is my birthday and a lady that I've worked with for 14 years told me that since I came back from surgery, I'm not the same anymore. I used to laugh, and joke, and now I just AM. It's true, I have NO emotions left. I had a TAH.BSO in August. My ab aches all the time, I can't even wear jeans, the pressure is too much. My libido is gone, just like a car won't start without an engine, neither can I without my female parts. If exhaustion overrides my insomnia, the night sweats are sure to wake me anyhow. I wish I never had this surgery, and I wish I had found this web-site first, maybe I would have gotten a second opinion, and waited out the endo. There is a reason mother nature takes years to put us through menopause, our bodies are not made to go into it like this. (I'm not taking HRT, endo & fibro-cystic breasts, I don't need more problems). Anyhow, I'm happy for all of you whose surgery was a great success, but I can't be the only one out here feeling like this was the worst thing they ever did to themselves!!!
Thanks for letting me vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2004, 02:50 PM

I'm so sorry you feel this way. I am not far in my recovery but am not feeling too bad. I do know though that our female parts are still here. We still have vaginas and clitoris'. I don't know if you're uterus gave you pain but mine did and I'm glad to see it go. I think if I felt as bad as you I would see my doc or a counselor. My GYN happens to be a sex therapist too. He talked to me about this before and after surgery. It was very helpful. Maybe you should try an antideppresant for a little bit just pull you out of your blahs. If that's not you then go find you. It's hard to be in a dark hole emotionally. I started Prozac 1 month before surgery and am not quitting until I am 5 wk. post op. Some are more prone to getting this way than others. If you haven't ever been there it would be even harder. I knew I would get down being in bed so long. I am so sorry you regret. Don't except suffering, there are answers out there just keep looking like you are now.
Unread 01-29-2004, 04:02 PM

Hello Sister
let me tell you lol your not the only one i just am 3 weeks post op and if there was a time capsel out there i would be in it to make my self not of had the hysterectomy in the first place grrr
emotionally im not well only becouse i look at myself in the morning and after getting out of the shower and see my self and it makes me sick to see that long scar and i use to love my flat belly after having 5 kids i use to be real proud of my figger but now i sometimes cry becouse i dont even care to have mirriors in th house anymore but i know just as well as you do its done and over with now and we have to make it so our lifes go on i just pray this will all go away soon i hope your feeling better soon but i understan what your feeling
hugs Karlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2004, 07:21 PM
no, you're not alone

I too hate my new self, and totally regret my decision to have those organs taken from me. I was in lots of pain before the hyst, and I am still in lots of pain, it accomplished nothing except turning me into a hormone-deprived woman in pain.

I agree with ((Peggeez_3)) about trying an antidepressant though. It's helping me cope with the trauma of this whole nightmare I'm in the midst of (another surgery last week discovered further endometriosis despite a hysterectomy to rid my body of it).

I may also suggest seeking a counselor, or talking to a close friend or a minister to help you with this all.

Please, if you need to talk further PM me.

Laura
Unread 01-29-2004, 08:15 PM

(((((((((((whats))))))))))))),
I completly feel your pain! I had my TAH/BSO in May of 2003, I had lots of problems before my sugery. I had endo, very heavy painful periods, cysts, bad paps, ect. I still have pain and here recently its gotten worse, I have severe swelly belly, I have gained like 30 lbs I weigh more than I did when I was pregnant with my twins! I have bouts of depression, not taking anything for it, and I am on HRT. I use the vivelle dot .75. I just wish I would have put off my surgery and researched a lot more before.

I wish you all the best in your recovery, it has to get better sometime. I thank the lord everyday for this site! Its wonderful to be able to find others out there who have the same experiences we have and a great place to vent.

Lori
TAH/BSO 5/03..ENDO, ANDEO, CYSTS, SEVERE PAIN.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register