Hysterical Mess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterical Mess Hysterical Mess

Unread 01-30-2004, 02:07 AM
Hysterical Mess

Okay, so you would think that I have raging hormones . . . and then I don't!!! I'm hysterical crying one minute and then laughing hysterically the next. I'm having a tennis ball size ovarian tumor and several fibroids being removed via abdominal surgery in three days (Feb 2). As surgery creeps closer, I become even more of a raging lunatic!! Can't keep my emotions in check. Terrified. Scared. Angry (at so many things). Want to hide. Denial. Can't say the "c" word. My friends don't know what to make of me. And when I try to talk to them about any of it, they keep trying to change the sugject to the weather, or the new sheets, or anything else just to distract me instead of dealing with the situation I am in. And that just makes me angrier. Is this normal? I hope so. Because if it's not, I have more problems than I thought!! Please help - I don't know how to get through this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2004, 02:41 AM
Hysterical Mess

I think you are perfectly normal--sorry

Everyone reacts differently to stress and people avoiding you because you are acting oddly so close to your surgery shows insensitivity on their part.

This too shall pass and you will understand how to help someone else who seems off their rocker because of stress.

You might see if you level with your better friends by say that you are suffering from extreme mood swings because you are stressed about the upcoming surgery and all you really need is someone to talk to about it.

My best to you!
Unread 01-30-2004, 03:08 AM
Hysterical Mess

I'm feeling the same emotional teeter-totter. I think I had too long to wait, and it left me too much time to think and re-think every little detail of this surgery--TAH 2/4. wired.tired.happy.sad.
I wonder if anyone will be around when I get home after how they've all seen me act this past week? I have no friends who've been in my situation(i'm 33), and my grangmother who had hers done in 1950. Comforting as she can be--that was 54yrs ago, much different now! Tissue's all around,
and hope and pray we feel better on the other side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2004, 03:56 AM
Hysterical Mess

Hi there Barrie! I think what you are going through emotionally is completely normal. I'm sorry to hear that your friends are not able to let you talk about this. It could be that they just don' t know how to react or that they really think getting you to think about other things will help.
Unread 01-30-2004, 08:14 AM
I know how you feel!!

O my, my emotions have taken their toll on me, and DH too.....
but luckily I work with several other women in a small office, and
almost all of them have had a hyst. so they are very supportive,
and they know I am a nut job anyway heehee.
So take a deep breath, as I keep telling myself and it will be over
before you know it....yes I tell myself this too....not to sure I
am listening to myself anymore
Gosh I hate waiting.....It sounds like we are going in on the same day, so lots of hugs and luck
Wishing you well
Flower
Unread 01-31-2004, 04:57 PM
Hysterical Mess

You sound just like me. On the hour-long drive home from my pre-admission appt. every emotion possible went throught my head. I was to the point of crying several times(not good when driving on snow covered roads!) I think friends think it helps to try to take your mind off your worries but if you are like me, THE surgery is always on your mind and you just need to talk about it to calm yourself down. I can't really talk to my family because they are so nervous already so I have found this site to be a great place to receive comfort.

You are not crazy, we just have to hang on for another day or two and then the waiting will be over. We'll be home recovering next week! Thinking of you and 22flower as we share the same date on Monday!

Unread 01-31-2004, 07:22 PM
Hysterical Mess

Thank you for letting me know I'm not the only nut job out there! I feel as though I've become lazy and whinney but this web site has showen me that I'm not and that I'm normal in this situtation. I just read what other women have said and over and over I see that I'm not "just whinning, a sissy, don't have big pain" all the things you tell yourself. It's real and has to be dewlt with in what ever manner is best for you. My best friend was my maid of honor and she seems squmish about the whole thing and she's a lieutant paramedic firefighter/NURSE. I guess some people are afraid to talk about some things that could really happen to th
em. You just take care of yourself and pamper your self. E-mail if ou need to talk.

The best to you,
Woz (Jen)
Unread 01-31-2004, 08:28 PM
Hysterical Mess

You all are wonderful. Your notes are calming and your support shines through. Thank you. I'm having a good day today (thank god!) so I'm a little more focused, and reading your well wishes makes it all the better. I'll try to post as soon as I can when I get back from the castle.

To the rest of the princesses with a 2/2 date, I'll be thinking of you, knowing I am not alone, and that we will all survive to smile at each other again another day. Take good care.
Unread 01-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Hysterical Mess

I've been on prozac for years and I'm still a mess! So I think all of you who cope with this stuff without the happy pill are some of the strongest women around. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you, best wishes to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register