laser surgery yesterday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

laser surgery yesterday laser surgery yesterday

Unread 01-30-2004, 02:39 PM
laser surgery yesterday

I have posted several time here for help with vulva vin111! i had my second laser sugery yesterday! I am just devasted that no one else on this forum has had anything similar done? I feel all alone and by myself. This was my 3 surgery in less then a year! i am sorry to sound rude but, i need help looking for answers support or some kind of information! any reply would be nice! i know this forum is about hysterectomies and i understand that! I had mine done last year for cervical cancer and now this vulva cancer? someone with any kind of knowledge please reply! thanks nurse 98
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2004, 02:51 PM
laser surgery yesterday

I just wanted to reply and tell you how sorry I am that you have to go through this. I had cervical cancer. I know that I have seen people with vaginal cancer post. Hopefully someone who has had vulva vin111 will be around.
In the mean time please don't feel so alone. Everyone here's experience is unique in one way or another.
Unread 01-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Hello

I have ovarian cancer. I'm not knowledgeable about vulvar cancer but three surgeries in a year is a very heavy load to bear. I do believe we have some sisters with vulvar cancer and I hope they see your post and can help you. Another idea is to check out Acor.org. They have boards for all kinds of cancer--our ovarian list is over 1200. If you check on their main page (www.acor.org) you may find a listserve for vulvar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2004, 03:47 PM
laser surgery yesterday

I hope that this will be the last surgery that you need, and it never comes back! Are you being followed by an gyn/onc? I hope you find some ladies that share your diagnosis on here or another board , so that you will not feel so alone. You can't be the only one! How did they discover the vulva cancer (or is it pre-cancer?) ? I pray that you will recover well from this and don't have to face the beast ever again!!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 01-30-2004, 07:26 PM
laser surgery yesterday

Nurse98, I'm here and also have VINIII. Actually mine, according to the doctor was cancer in situ and she would call it a III 1/2. I had wide excision of the lesion on the 20th along with my TAH BSO. I've had multiple complications with the hyst but the excision of the area on the vulva has been the least of my worries. I have not had laser. I know that it can be done. The drawback with that is that there is nothing for a path report. Not sure if yours (or mine yet) is related to HPV. If so, there is a chance for recurrence and and we need to be monitored carefully. My doctor described mine as " a precancerous skin condition". If it's still just VIN and could be handled with laser, it's not invasive which is FABULOUS!!! I've done a lot of reading on the internet and have learned quite a bit. The information on staging and treatment is very consistent everywhere I have read. I have also run across a couple of sites that seem to have the mechanism for support, but nothing is as good as this site. The GYN GALS cover this sort of thing and gave some good info, but again, this is the best site I have found. I understand that you feel alone. People don't talk about it and perhaps it is not as common as some other conditions. Take Care.
Unread 01-30-2004, 08:05 PM
laser surgery yesterday

Just wanted to post a note and tell you that you're in my thoughts and prayers. I had cancer found in the ovaries (which spread to the fallopian tubes) and in the uterus (which spread to the cervix). Because the doctors could not tell for sure that it was one cancer or the other, they had to assume that it was two separate primary cancers.

You've been through a lot. I hope this most recent procedure takes care of it for you.

God bless.
Unread 01-30-2004, 08:21 PM
laser surgery yesterday

Who me I had laser because that is the treatment my dr recommended! No wide excision! I am praying that he sends me on to an oncologist/gyn! If not i will find one on my own! This was my second laser treatment 6 months apart it started out as VIN1 and in 6months now VIN111!!! Yes i am scared to death! I know mine is related to HPV!!!!!! I just want it gone and out of my body at this point i am tired of laser and the irritation burning the creams the worry! Yes it in consider carcinoma in situ is how my biopsy report stated it! I get all of my labs and test results either faxed or sent to me!!!!!! I just am upset with this laser treatment and don't feel it is helping! thanks for you thoughts and advise Just glad someone finally responsed to my post thanks so much
Unread 01-30-2004, 08:39 PM
laser surgery yesterday

I ffound a site on the net called Virtual Hospital, maybe that will help. Hope all getss better for you .
Unread 01-30-2004, 08:41 PM
laser surgery yesterday

Nurse 98, it sounds like it is time for you to see a gyn/onc. Ask your doctor for a referral. Here's a website with lots of women who have had problems similiar to yours: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/GYNGALS/
And another one:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gyn-Gals/

I hope you can find some other women who had the same treatment. I had a different kind of cancer. Sorry that I can't be of more help to you.

Hugs,
Janie
Unread 01-30-2004, 10:36 PM
laser surgery yesterday

Nurse98, please go to a gyn/onc. I can't tell you how disturbed I was when the doctor noticed something and had to biopsy it. The other thing that bothered me is that I had just been to my regular gyn and she didn't notice it. I was sent to the gyn/onc due to rapidly growing fibroids and as it turns out she was much more concerned about the VIN. From what I've read, the laser aftermath can be pretty uncomfortable. When I went for my surgery they had vulvectomy on the consent and I told them that I didn't sign up for that and had it reworded. This is a very difficult thing to deal with. I hope that both of us are soon putting this behind us. Good luck. I think you will find much of the info you are looking for by following the links that some of the other ladies have given you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register