Two Bad News Reports Today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two Bad News Reports Today Two Bad News Reports Today

Unread 02-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Two Bad News Reports Today

The orthopedist took one look at my xrays from Saturday and said, "Bad." He took them to another orthopedist. I have a CT of the elbow tomorrow and see this other doctor Wednesday. The 99.9% verdict--I will have surgery this week on the fracture. There are minor details to work out--like can I stay overnight maybe? Can I come home in a cab? Thankfully I have a nice supply of lorazepam and Oxycodone here already and am getting Zofran tomorrow. Oh--the nurse said if I couldn't stay overnight that the option was a couple days in a nursing home. We do not have the staff here to have someone with me overnight so I would be alone except for monitoring.

I got home and called the oncology clinic because I'm sure Friday's Dr. and chemo appointments will go. I asked about my last CA125. The nurse said "50" and I went, "OMG, it's up!" The nurse said, "no, it's down." In December it went from 33 to 40. Then it took a huge jump January 9 to 97. On January 23 it was 50. Somewhere in me, this is taking a hold.

Right now I'm reeling.

Oh well, at least Jimmy the Groundhog in the city I abut says we will have an early spring. Of course, at the time he couldn't see his shadow through the sleet and snow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2004, 04:40 PM

I'm so sorry....you are getting hit over & over.....please hang on!
You know you're in my thoughts & prayers.

Blessings--many blessings.
Marlene
Unread 02-02-2004, 04:50 PM

(((Ellen)))

This sure is a lot to deal with all at once. You hang in there (I feel silly saying that--you're one of the toughest ladies I've ever known)! I'm sure the hospital will work with you to find a satisfactory arrangement after your surgery. In the meantime, I will be 'ing extra hard for you.

Get well! Get healed! And keep fighting that cancer!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2004, 04:53 PM

Crikey Ellen!!

I have no idea what to say except that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Beth
Unread 02-02-2004, 05:45 PM

Ellen
Sorry, about your news. You know the old saying: "When it rain it pours" execpt in your case it hasn't stopped pouring...
From you post's I fell/know you are keeping your good attitude and positive thoughts.
Will keep you in my er's, remember to take your Calcuim supplement on top of the pain med.
Andrea
Unread 02-02-2004, 06:29 PM

Ellen
Just so sorry you got a double whammy today. At least Jimmy says it will be an early spring.

's

Ruth S
Unread 02-02-2004, 07:37 PM

Dear Ellen,
I have been sitting here reading your post, trying to find words to comfort. This just isn't fair! You have always been such a source of inspiration to me and so many others. As wonderful as cyber hugs are, there are just times I wish I could step through the computer screen and be there in person when help is needed.

You know you are in the thoughts and prayers of everyone here. Hang in there - you are truly a woman of steel.

s
Unread 02-02-2004, 07:37 PM

s Ellen

I will be offline for awhile (SGO conference) but please know you will in my thoughts and prayers big time!!!! You can do this Ellen.
Just another bump in life's path.
If you are unable to post, please get a neighbor or someone else to let us know how you make out.

karenann
Unread 02-02-2004, 08:03 PM

Oh, Ellen! So sorry to hear about the surgery. Hope that the whole episode can be over quickly with minimal pain and super fast recovery.

I know you're still reeling from all the news you've received today. Here's to better days ahead.

God bless,
Unread 02-02-2004, 09:44 PM

's Ellen,

Sorry to hear of all you have going on. You have always been so kind in your responses to me in the past.
Wish I could come over and help take care of you while you mend.
Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Debbie [withope]

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register