Fascinating New Technology | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fascinating New Technology Fascinating New Technology

Unread 02-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Fascinating New Technology

The following are excerpts from an article in our local Sunday paper. It is from the Springfield News-Leader, Springfield, Missouri, Sunday, February 1, 2004 edition. The byline is Tara Parker-Pope.

If anyone finds links to these, I'd really like to see them

I can already think of a dozen of you ladies here that could benefit from these new discoveries, myself included.
Nancy J.
==
"At the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, several new molecular-imaging machines will allow doctors to find out far sooner whether a particular cancer treatment is working.
......new imaging methods will allow doctors to gauge the efficacy of a particular treatment far sooner by studying changes in the tumor that are evident long before it would typically start to change in size. In patients with a rare form of abdominal cancer, for instance, doctors can use molecular imaging to discern within just 24 hours whether the targeted therapy will be effective.
........As early as March, CellSearch, a new blood test from Johnson and Johnson, will be made available to the research community as the company awaits FDA approval, expected later this year. CellSearch is a simple blood test capable of detecting minuscule amounts of tumor cells circulating in the blood. Knowing whether circulating tumor cells are present helps doctors predict whether they need to offer a more aggressive treatment.
The test has been studied in patients with advanced breast cancer, but its most important use probably will be in women with early stage breast cancer......the test may also ultimately be used to better predict whether cancer has spread in patients with prostate or colorectal cancer."

You can find the entire article here: http://www.news-leader.com/_sunday/0...ou-284723.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2004, 04:31 AM
Fascinating New Technology

I subscribe to the People Living with Cancer web site, and just received an invitation to a chat on Cancer in Women scheduled for 2/19/04 from 3-4 pm est hosted by Dr.Maurie Markman who is on staff at MD Anderson. The chat covers many issues related to gyn cancers including new diagnostics and advanced treatments. You can also submit a question in advance to Dr.Markman. Quite possibly you could find the info you are looking for via this venue.

The web site can be accessed at www.plwc.org.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register