9 days post op stage 1 cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 days post op stage 1 cancer 9 days post op stage 1 cancer

Unread 02-04-2004, 10:58 AM
9 days post op stage 1 cancer

hi ladies,
I had my surgery on 1/26 and had staples removed this morning and was told that the pathology report was in on my tumor that ended up being the size of a small basketball. I had a TAH?BSO when they did prelimanary pathology testing while in operating room which showed no cancer, today he tells me that patholgy report says that a small part of tumor was cancer and that he does not think at this time there need be any chemo/radiation or any surgeries to remove lymph nodes. My doctor is a gny/onc that has been great. My question is what next??? I will be followed closelly for some time I have to return to him in 3 months for more blood test results which will be taken prior to going back in May. Doctor said it was very clean in there and that I will probably make a full recovery, that I am in the 90/95%, which is encouraging. Has anyone out there had this happen to them and what has happened since? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Martha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Hi Martha

I'm glad you have a gyn/onc as they are the experts. If you're still concerned, you can get a second opinoin. Meanwhile, may you indeed be in that 90-95% group and never have a recurrence.
Unread 02-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Sounds good

Why don't you request a copy of the pathology report from the surgery and just reassure yourself that it is what it is.. it sounds like you got lucky and they do a pretty good job of looking around in there so, your gyn/onc would know what he/she is talking about. If it is what he/she says, you will get a nice checkup at least every 6 months to a year. The pathology report will tell what kind of cancer it was and what grade. If it is a low (slowly) growing cancer and the cancer was located in one small area and contained or not invaded (stage 1a), you should be fine. My doctor told me I should think cured and closer to 100%.. mine was stage 1a and grade 1. Congratulations on getting it early!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register