Been in your shoes encouragement! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Been in your shoes encouragement! Been in your shoes encouragement!

Unread 02-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Been in your shoes encouragement!

I had a TAH (kept ovaries, but not cervix) and am at 15 wks. post-op and feeling amazingly great! This was my first surgery ever and I was pretty nervous about it all. I spent weeks exploring all the different treatment options for removing fibroids and finally decided that the hysterectomy was the best route for me. Thankfully, my surgery went well and I've had no complications. I have more energy now than I did before the surgery and I didn't even realize how the fibroids were draining me. I guess my body compensated along the way. I also am thrilled to report that all PMS is GONE!!!!!!!!!!! I use to get it pretty bad for two weeks before my period. I certainly am not missing having periods. I did sort/work through several different emotional issues revolving around the decision to have a hysterectomy. I had lots of concerns regarding the things that can go wrong during and after a hysterectomy and thankfully, none of those things happened. Even sex without the cervix is just fine. My family was really supportive and helpful and I'd say we've grown closer since the surgery, much to my surprise! I'll stop here, but just wanted to
encourage you that good things can and will come out of all of this! Do make sure you take good care of yourself and don't rush things. You only have one chance to heal well! Blessings!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2004, 10:13 PM

ˇMuchas gracias! I am so glad to hear your positive report. I am looking forward to this all being a memory. For the last 2 years, I have had worse PMS, draining energy and weight gain and had no idea it was due to my enormous fibroids. The memory phase starts in a week!
Unread 02-04-2004, 10:26 PM

Hi juliabak - just came by this post and wanted to wish you all the best for the 11th - you'll be fine - I agree with con amor - I have never felt better in my life - things are looking up - I am now 13 weeks post op and the memory of painful periods, heavy bleeding, strangled ovary and adenomyosis pain is in the past - stay positive and good luck again - I'll be sure to check out your posts on the other side - love Sharon xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2004, 02:08 AM

Well written.

Bookfairy
Unread 02-05-2004, 11:13 AM

Hi con amor,
I am having the same exact surgery, except I will have only 1 ovary left, the other was already removed. My dr told me that my pms will not go away unless I have the ovary removed. I am not ready for HRT, would much rather deal with PMS, but your post was very uplifting and encouraging for me. I am glad you are doing well
God Bless
chele.
Unread 02-05-2004, 01:19 PM

I am also scheduled for TVH on 2/11. It's great to hear words of encouragement from the "other side". Thanks for sharing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register