More news!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Oh How Scary!

Well, I have you on my prayer list--all Hyster Sisters are. Now let's hope the word BENIGN is heard with that lymph node biopsy. BENIGN. We are all sending good thoughts or prayers for you. Enough is enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2004, 08:07 PM
More news!!!

Hi, Forgen. I've just been spending some time catching up on reading all the recent posts. I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. How tough!

I just want you to know that you're (and Mariacoo) in my thoughts and prayers. I, too, am praying for negative lymph nodes for you.

God bless.
Unread 02-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Forgen....

please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. i can only echo what these other incredible, loving and courageous sisters have said. You are not alone............. Like Marl said - cancer is a word..............so scary............ but cancer can't take from you the Love of your family and friends, love from your hystersisters, your attitude and commitment to go back to work, your honesty and faith.

I am visioning clear and healthy lymph nodes and a big BENIGN for you.

Biggest hugs, love and support for you and yours
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2004, 01:35 PM
More news!!!

Hi Forgen,

I am rooting for your lymph nodes to be clean. You are right, living with the stomas is doable. I truly hope you are a candidate for the surgery.

Take care,
Sharon
Unread 02-08-2004, 04:30 AM
More news!!!

Ladies,

I am a 26 year veteran emergency room R.N., and have seen so much through the years. I can tell you this from personal experience, that as many tragedies that I have witnessed, there were just as many miracles especially related to patients with cancer. So please keep the faith, and know you are both in my prayers.
Unread 02-08-2004, 01:39 PM
More news!!!

Forgen:

I'm not sure how old your children are. Mine were 15, 13, 8, and 5 when I was diagnosed with Fallopian Tube CA last year. Because my mom had died from Ovarian CA the year before, I needed to be very careful and very upfront with my kids. I did wait until I had some concrete information to tell them. I told them that I had surgery but it didn't fix the problem. Then I had to have some tests to figure out what the problem might be. Before I had my second surgery, I told them that I had cancer, but the doctor was going to do this, this, and this (specifics in language that they could understand) to try and get rid of the cancer. When the results came out of my second surgery that I would be having chemo, I told them very simply that I would be having chemotherapy.

What helped them the most was our open communication. I tried to answer every question that they had. My youngest son wanted to know if he should stay away from me so that he wouldn't catch the cancer that I had! After the first round of chemo, I marked the chemo schedule on the calendar so that they could understand. Days 1-5, frown faces to know that we shouldn't plan anything because Mommy will feel yucky. A symbol of a bandaid on the days that I had to go to the oncologist. Smiley faces on the days that I would feel good and they could make a plan with friends, etc. It seemed to make things more tangible for them.

I also took them to many doctor appointments, blood draws, injection appointments, etc. My oldest two children went with me for chemo, and my oldest son volunteered to drive home on one occasion. They were able to have a better understanding of what was going on, and they also got to know the wonderful people who were taking care of their Mom.

Although it was hard on all of them, we all felt a sense of celebration and accomplishment when treatment was over. We celebrated with a weekend trip to Kings Island...which they loved.

Even now, I share the news of my CT scans and bloodwork with my husband and children before anyone else.

Don't underestimate the power of prayer...I know that all of the prayers for me lead to my successful recovery!

Remember, we are here for you...

S
Unread 02-08-2004, 11:35 PM
More news!!!

Dearest Forgen,

Please talk to some other doctors. I just can't see why cancer in the lymph nodes would be reason to give up. Maybe I don't know enough about it. I guess I would need to know more of the "whys," and then seek out alternate opinions.

I am so sorry that the news hasn't gotten any better. I agree with QuiltCrazy: Prayer is very powerful. As is "intention." I saw an energy healer speak earlier today and he said that connecting with the intention of being well can be more powerful than any of us realize. He also said that a full 80% of spontaneous remissions have "unknown causes."

I wish I had some words of wisdom to offer. But I fear that I don't. I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. I hope this potentially overwhelming news doesn't consume you. Perhaps it is just a scare. And I truly hope that it is.

Exercise is important for the lymphatic system to keep functioning correctly. Walking is fine, as is any other form of low-impact aerobic exercise. If you are able, try to work in 45 minutes or an hour of walking each day. It might help.

I am sending you a to make you smile, dear Forgen! And I am hoping for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register