Back from Surgery at Mayo... endo and cysts. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from Surgery at Mayo... endo and cysts. Back from Surgery at Mayo... endo and cysts.

Unread 02-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Back from Surgery at Mayo... endo and cysts.

Hi Fellow road travelers...

I had my surgery at the Mayo on wednesday (2/4). It was scheduled as a lap to do a PSN, look for endo and adhesions, and possibly LSO...

EVerything went fine with the surgery. the doctor found several "things" that he fixed and did the PSN... On my left side he found three cysts on my left ovary and several areas of endosalpingiosis. He also found several adhesions and fibrotic areas that he biopsied to check for endometriosis. He took about 8 biopsies all together. ON the right side he excised a mass in the muscle wall of the pelvis that he thought was an ovarian remnant. He also noted that my cecum and large bowel had "fallen" down into my pelvis on the right side and that the cecum was enlarged which can be a problem (apparently) so he lifted it up and tacked it back into the proper place. I had one adhesion that ran from the fatty sack around my stomach all the way down to my pelvis (weird huh?) among other things.

In the end, the pathology for the very painful area on the right showed cystic endometriosis.... so I actually had endo growing in the pelvic muscle walls.

My bladder is not working right so I still have a catheter. The doctor does not think this is from the PSN but rather because of the excision work he did on the right side and the resultant swelling. My right side is extremely painful at times. THe left is not too bad.

For the most part I had a really good experience at Mayo. The doctor is fantastic and the people are very nice. I did have some problems in post-op because they had some "strange" guidelines and would not let my DH come back when I woke up until my pain was in control... and with all the Fentynal and morphine they gave me I was pretty agitated by that fact which made everything they did upset me even more... but that is over with.

Thanks for all the well wishes before surgery.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2004, 08:50 PM

Welcome back (((Sarah))) It's little wonder that you were in so much pain, considering all that was going on inside

Sounds like going to the Mayo clinic was good move and that you found a really great doctor: hang on to him!!!

Now, be sure to take care and pamper yourself... you know the training... rest, rest, rest; drink water as instructed and walk for recovery. When you're done, rest some more.
Unread 02-06-2004, 09:18 PM

Welcome Home, Sarah! Please rest like a good princess and relax in the fact that maybe now you can have a pain-free life! I hope the cath does not have to stay in too long. Sending good vibes your way......

Emily s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2004, 09:21 PM

(((Sarah))) I'm so glad your surgery went well and you are home safe. Sounds like with all the swelling, it's a good thing you have that catheter, it must be letting you get some sleep at night. Having endo in the muscle sounds painful, I hope it feels better when it's had a chance to heal.

Now be a good and get some rest!
s,
-Linda
Unread 02-07-2004, 06:50 AM

Sarah,

Glad to hear your sugery went well. Remeber the rules and get plenty of rest & drink plenty of water. Sounds like they did a lot of work. Hopefully you will begin to see some pain releif.

Sweety Tweety
Unread 02-07-2004, 09:41 AM
((((( Sarah )))))

I am so glad you are home and doing well.... Sounds like they did alot in there! So be sure you be a good princess and rest rest rest.... I pray that you can now move on to a better pain free state!!!! I was thinking about you all week!!!!! Hope you felt those positive healing vibes I sent you......

Be good!!!!!! Susie
Unread 02-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Dear Sarah

Welcome to the post-PSN society!

:

We are all thinking of you.

In 8 weeks, I hope we get to your new pain-free life.

Please rest!

With love and light,
Loretta
Unread 02-07-2004, 11:26 AM

Welcome home Sarah!
I'm glad the surgery went well and that you are home and hopefully resting! I will continue to that this surgery will bring you some relief.

For now, please and take care of yourself.
Unread 02-07-2004, 10:29 PM

Wecome home (((Sarah)))
Sounds like things went well...I'll be praying that this will bring you some much needed relief
Pls get lots of rest....your a new Princess again
Wishing you a speedy recovery my friend along with much improvement in your pain levels! (((hugs)))
Unread 02-09-2004, 07:34 AM

(((Sarah)))

So happy that your surgery went well and you got an answer (and hopefully a fix) for all the pain you have been having! Best wishes for continued happy healing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register