Need Support | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Need Support

I haven't posted in a while...and not even sure if I've posted on
this board at all...probably just on Post -Op....
I had a TAH/BSO on Sept 5th and have had problems ever since.
The GYN that did my surgery just kind of gave up on me after 6 weeks and decided that my complaints were all in my head.
Thank God for my GP, who knows me well and knows I don't complain without reason...
To make a long story short..I've seen a Urologist, who is going to do Urodynamics testing next week...but is very sure I am going to need a bladder suspension...
and I've also seen a new GYN who has ordered a CT scan, and US for next week...He also cut out a piece of something..that he's sent out for identification ..from the vaginal cuff...
It seems inevitable that I will be going back into surgery in the near future..and for some reason, I am more nervous this time then I was the last...
I'm also kind of depressed, altho I am working hard at just accepting that this is the way things are ..and dealing with it...
I have been reading this board for quite a few weeks now, and appreciate all the love and support that is given here...
Please keep me in your prayers over the next few weeks as I go through all the testing...and if you have any recommendations on
what to do and not to do...please let me know..
I pray for each of you daily as I read your posts...
thank you again for being here for me..
LA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Need Support

(())

I know how frustrating chronic problems can be, especially since many of us were led to believe that hysterectomy is the cure for female troubles. However, that isn't always the case, and some women find the post op complications are worse than before the hyst.

I hope this new gyn can be help to you, and is sympathetic to your troubles. It's important to have a positive relationship with your and be comfortable to talk about anything with him/her.

I know you'll find a wealth of information, support and friendship on this board. The women here are wonderful, and all know how these problems can take over your life.

feel free to post your questions, your vents and anything.

Welcome, and I hope you'll find some new "friends" onboard.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Laura
Unread 02-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Need Support

(((Leah Ann)))
I am sorry that you're looking at another surgery. I am glad that you went looking for a new doctor who is going to help you. I've been thru many docs since my hyst and having one that cares and is willing to look at all possibilities makes a big difference.

I will keep you in my ers . And I'm sending big s Do keep us posted on how you're doing and the results of your tests.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Need Support

Hi Leah Ann,

It is awful to have to go back for more surgery, when all we want to do is get well after the first one. It is only natural to feel depressed when things go wrong, but feel free to post about your feelings, because these sisters are so supportive. It is important not to feel alone in what you are going through.

Best wishes for your recovery,
Blossom
Unread 02-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Need Support

Hi Leah Ann and Welcome to the Road I'm so sorry that you've found us because you are having to deal with such a number of issues

I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and ers as you go through the different tests and that I'll be looking for your updates.

Unread 02-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Need Support

((((Leah Ann)))),
I'm sorry to hear you may be facing more surgery Good for you for listening to your body & seeking out further medical advice
I'm glad you've found some comfort in reading the posts here & that you decided to post This forum has helped me beyond words thru-out my own struggles
My prayers will be with you that you can find some answers & relief to your ongoing complications! Pls know we are here for support & understanding anytime...Good Luck & pls keep us posted on how things are going...

(((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
Unread 02-09-2004, 09:27 AM
THANK YOU

Thank you all for the replies and support...
Today is the beginning of two weeks of testing and doctors appts...I will update as I know what is going on...
For all of you who are going into surgery, my prayers are with you..
For all who have just had surgery, I am praying for a quick and uncomplicated recovery...
For those who are still looking for answers...my prayers are there also...
God Bless
LA
Unread 02-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Need Support

Hi Leah Ann

I'm sorry you've been having all this trouble. Your hyst was a week before mine, and well, here we both are.
Wow, two weeks of poking and prodding - good luck to you. I hope they find out what is wrong without too much trouble.
I know what you mean about the idea of surgery again. My hyst was my 3rd - should be getting good at it, right, well, NO!! If the doctors told me now I needed surgery again, I'd be devastated.
You're in my prayers, and I'm glad you came here to the Road.
Let us know how things go.
Shelley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register