update after checkup | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

update after checkup update after checkup

Unread 02-07-2004, 01:48 PM
update after checkup

Yesterday was my checkup with the rad/onc. Monday it will have been five weeks since my last rad. treatment. Everything seems to be healing according to schedule. The leg pain is still with me but he says that could take five months to heal. I still have not gotten brave enough to try my regular diet, such as salads, mexican food, etc.....I do not relish the idea of spending a whole evening of regretting it....so I just don't eat it
I was doing well on my weight, up to 103 but all of a sudden I'm back down to 100. They say my metabolism, which is high normally, is really using everything for healing from the surgery and radiation.
Before my rad/onc appt., I had my dreaded mammogram. Miserable. Should have those results in a week or so.

After all these appts. I asked my hubby if he would like to stomp on my foot now since that was the only place on my body that wasn't hurting!!

Next appt. Wednesday the 11th to set up chest port insertion and book first chemo day. It probably will be the 17th or the 24th.

nancy j
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2004, 02:41 PM
update after checkup

Nancy,

I'm sorry that you aren't yet feeling as well as you'd like to feel! Hopefully that leg pain will disappear before too long, and you'll be downing fajitas with abandon!

Yeah, mammograms can be pretty painful! The first time I had one, I was convinced that nothing could hurt that much unless there was a problem! Yet there wasn't. The techs always tell me that it differs from one woman to the next.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you face into the chemo.
Keep us informed how things are going.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 02-07-2004, 03:05 PM
update after checkup

Oh my, wouldn't a chicken fajita taste good right now!!

Thanks Marl, I appreciate your prayers so much. I hate to sound like such a big baby, but sometimes I think our endurance just reaches a limit and the tears pour out.

I hope you are doing well this winter,
Nancy J.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Nancy

You've already been through a lot with surgery and radiation. It will take time to heal from that. Your chemo port surgery can be done locally and I can very truthfully say after mine I never had a bit of pain once the local wore off. We're with you in this and hope the radiation and chemo kill off anything that dares to remain inside you!
Unread 02-07-2004, 06:39 PM
margaret321

Thank you for telling me about your port! I must admit, I am a little nervous about it all.

I really appreciate your prayers and support.
Are you having surgery Monday? I believe I read that on another thread, anyway, if so, I'll be watching the boards for a report on you , and praying

Nancy J.
Unread 02-07-2004, 09:24 PM
update after checkup

Nancy, you went through radiation like a real trouper! Congratulations. I've got a feeling that you'll tackle the chemo in the same way.

I, too, had a hard time keeping the weight on while going through chemo and radiation (and for some time after it finished). But then, I started eating those fajitas (and everything else!) and now I'm quite "healthy" looking. I consider it to be a very good sign!

Good luck to you and God bless.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register