lost interest in intercourse... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

lost interest in intercourse... lost interest in intercourse...

Unread 02-07-2004, 04:09 PM
lost interest in intercourse...

I had my hysterectomy almost 6 months ago, now I seem to
have lost interest in sex...not good, ha ha,...I use premarin
vaginal cream for dryness. Anyone else have this problem??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2004, 04:31 PM

Hi Melody,

Lack of libido is fairly common after a hyst, particularly if your ovaries have been removed and you are not taking HRT. I'm assuming that is your situation, right? Have you discussed this with your gyn? Sometimes a small amount of testosterone can make a big difference, but if you aren't able to take any type of hormones beyond the vaginal cream, your gyn might have some other suggestions.

I'm 48 and had my hyst (TAH/BSO) two years ago. I have not taken any HRT since early June last year, although I use Vagifem to prevent vaginal dryness. My libido is certainly a lot less than it was at age 25 ... but the decline had started long before my hyst. I attribute most of it to aging and simply being too tired after a long day at the office. I do find that if I just "get started," even when I'm not in the mood, I nearly always get aroused and achieve orgasm. I'm one who really believes that a big part of sex is mental ... not everyone agrees, I know, but that seems to be my situation.

And it took me quite awhile after my hyst to really feel back to normal. It was probably a year before I really felt great again.

Please speak with your doc about this and see if there are some options you can try. Let us know how you are doing, okay?

Beth
Unread 02-11-2004, 01:27 PM

Hi

Yes i have the same problem. It has been 8 weeks for me since surgury. I have no desire. I'm only taking premin .0652 and have just started using progestone cream that i got OTC. I'm still having some cramping like pains but not to bad. I'm also taking prozac. I really would like to get my desire back. But i had been losing it before surgury too! I'm really thinking that i would like to try a natural hormones. I'm doing some reading up on it and plan to see my dr. soon and ask her about it. I just feel so down most of the time. My dh is great and doesn't push as it is still unconforable to have sex yet since i had repairs done. But i want to have desire back!!! Can any one help?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register