Nipple pain in breast ouch!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nipple pain in breast  ouch!!! Nipple pain in breast ouch!!!

Unread 02-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Nipple pain in breast ouch!!!

I know this is such a bizarre question. I am 9 months post and just yesterday have been experiencing severe nipple pain only on one side. I have to wear a bra at all times because just the rubbing on my shirts kills me. Anyone else experience this? I also get pain in the breasts. I wonder if it has to do with hormones. I am not taking any, have left ovary still. Look forward to hearing from you ladies!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2004, 08:00 AM

Hi (((Deb)))

I kept both my ovaries and am not on HRT since they are working, most of the time. When we retain our ovaries, we can still experience the symptoms associated with monthly cycling, including breast sensitivity.

However, any new pain, such as the one you're currently experiencing, should be brought to the attention of a doctor. I know all about how that feels: I am also experiencing breast pains (mine are located in the armpit area of the right breast) and have been absolutely dreading going back to the doctor... but I know that I have to do some thing about it.

Sending lots of healing s your way. Hopefully, it's only a sign that our ovaries are doing their job.
Unread 02-08-2004, 09:26 AM

Hi Deb,

When I started going through perimenopause, I had a terrible pain in my left nipple. I got a little hard thing in there that like you said just my shirt made it hurt. Oh and my purse strap when I had it on my shoulder, if it touched my nipple - ouch! I went to the Doc and had it checked. My Gyn felt it and sent me for a mammogram - it was nothing just one of those hard lumps from hormones. But I would still get it checked just to be on the safe side.

Take Care
Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2004, 11:15 AM

Thanks ladies for the reply. I am feeling better today. Not so much in pain anymore. I wonder if it has to do when I was suppose to have a period. But never had that pain before when I did have my periods, just breast tenderness. It almost feels like lactation pain when you nurse!!!! Oh boy what if I am lactating!!!!!!!!! Take care and thank you.
Unread 11-10-2004, 06:24 PM

Hi Deb,

I am experiencing the same kind of pain in my left nipple. Kind of a burning, stabbing sensation that makes me double over and hold my breast also.

I had a complete hysterectomy in 1990 and have used HRT ever since. Very rarely do I experience any problems. This however has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I told my GP about it and she didn't seem concerned but did schedule me for a mammogram....I'd rather suffer with the burning stabbing than that!!! anyway I can't get in for the screening until 12/23!!! In the mean time what do I do to stop the pain??????

I thought it might be my patches....maybe I don't need so much anymore since I am nearing the normal menopause age. Do you ever reach a time that you no longer need HRT with a complete hysterectomy????

Teri
Unread 11-11-2004, 06:59 AM

Me too...

Like ((((Dany)))) I have been experiencing a lot of pain in my right armpit, but my breasts (especially) the left one is aching a lot lately - really bad last night and today.

I am not taking any HRT...and I no longer have my ovaries. It seems to be one of many things adding up to ORS. I swear that approx every other month I feel as if I'm ovulating...and I have severe pain that feels like Endo - this has been going on for a while...But the breast pain is fairly new.

((((Deb)))) Please do go see your Doc, and let us know what he/she has to say...

Sending you many S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register