new here...just diagnosed-endometrial cancer - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here...just diagnosed-endometrial cancer new here...just diagnosed-endometrial cancer

Unread 02-10-2004, 04:39 PM
new here...just diagnosed-endometrial cancer

Hi Ladies,
Reading your stories reminds me that we are not alone. I also had the same diagnosis, surgery was in December, no further treatment was necessary and I thank God, my surgeon, my gyno, and my body. There is a commercial on Lifetime that deals with cancer and the woman states that one day the phone rang and it was cancer calling, that sent shivers up my spine cause it is so true. I wound up on xanac for the 2 months till my surgery since I was so darn scared, alot of people told me that this early stage endometrial cancer is the most curative of all. Now I believe. I had my surgery at a cancer hospital so during my recovery I saw many others who were not as fortunate and that was a wake up call. I know we can say, don't worry, you'll be ok but during the time you are dealing with it nothing works, try to have a positive outlook and realize that cancer is not a death sentence and you are on the right path to recovery and that it is early stage. My thoughts and prayers are with you and you will be so much better mentally when surgery is over.
God Bless all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2004, 12:10 AM
new here...just diagnosed-endometrial cancer

Hi Sparkle -

I am almost five months post-op for TAH/BSO due to endo-CA stage 1A grade 1.
It was a huge shock to me - I am 41 years years old and didn't fit the profile for this cancer at all, although I have since realized neither do all the people in this group who have had it.
If you are stage 1 that is great - it usually means curable with surgery only. I was reading recently that recurrence is most likely in women who are younger when diagnosed (under 45), but with an early grade, recurrence is still rare.
I am so glad they got you in and found your cancer early. You will do just fine and we will all be here to help you through this.
Hugs to you!
Jan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register