Nutrition Info for Cancer Treatment & Prevention and My Fun Evening! :-) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nutrition Info for Cancer Treatment & Prevention and My Fun Evening! :-) Nutrition Info for Cancer Treatment & Prevention and My Fun Evening! :-)

Unread 02-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Nutrition Info for Cancer Treatment & Prevention and My Fun Evening! :-)

I just want to thank everyone for their response.

Krinkels, I understand completely what you mean. None of us can predict the future and here was someone who, by all rights, this should not have happened to.

I guess what I wanted to really say was that I do not want my life to be consumed by vitamins, supplements, and totally healthy foods all the time. I do my best to eat healthy and really have found a whole new variety of foods.

For those of you that have been around for a while, you know that I started on the three mushroom complex pills as prescribed by the hospital nutritionist, and my ca125 number rose while taking it. I do try very hard to do the best I can and that is all I can do. Actually I am definately healthier than I was 20 years ago and also healthier than most of my friends.

And Siren, you are right about the Weight Watchers packaged foods. I very very rarely eat them. I basically follow the diet and do my own cooking.

Thanks All.

Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Nutrition Info for Cancer Treatment & Prevention and My Fun Evening! :-)

Siren, how cool that you went to the Grammy's. I would have been like a deer in the headlights just watching everyone.
You ladies are wonderful about sharing your knowledge regarding nurtrition. I definately have not cut out all sugar and dairy. I could be doing so much better. I've made a lot of dietary changes and am so much more health conscious then before Ca. I've also been following the Weight Watchers plan. It's worked well for me. Just to be accountable for what I'm eating and making a more conscious effort about my food choices. Writing everything down, low fat, and high in vegatables is helpful.
As I've posted before, my gyn/onc was aware of Dr Wallace and spoke highly of her. We discussed nutrition briefly but I still agree education regarding nutrition is so lacking in medicine. I'm also surprised at the lack of info regarding calcium supplements and absorbtion post menopause. I've had to do my own research since I've discovered I have osteopenia.
As we've always learned, "you are what you eat." I remember my first nutrition class in nursing school. I was floored at how true that statement really is.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register