Pre-Op Appt 2/9--Interesting Info... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op Appt 2/9--Interesting Info... Pre-Op Appt 2/9--Interesting Info...

Unread 02-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Pre-Op Appt 2/9--Interesting Info...

So, I'm set to go at the hospital. Requested Private Room (only $30 more...sign me up!). My head is still spinning from all the forms I filled out...and all those questions!!! I brought home a handful of brochures/instructions, etc. to look over before Thursday. The hospital staff gave me a mini-tour and explained what would be happening from the moment the car was parked until I am released from the hospital.

I saw my doc after the hospital visit. She did a final internal to see if the fibroid has grown (I complained that I felt like I was dragging a bowling ball around). Yep, this thing is growing FAST. I'm now measuring 20-22 weeks (was 14-16 weeks 12/23)...she estimates my uterus weighs at least 10 pounds (we'll see what the path report says). I asked about vertical vs. horizontal incision due to size and she said she could still do horizontal because she would take the uterus out in halves (this kinda creeped me out for some reason). She also plans to use sutures instead of staples...interesting.

I am SOOOOOOOO looking forward to having this over with.

Rhonda
TAH 2/12 due to cantaloupe-sized fibroid, pelvic adhesions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2004, 11:06 PM

Wow! $30 for a private room! Did you just ask or did they offer? I would definately like that!!! My only concern is that they would put me in the pre-or pist natal ward and I really do not want that.... I go to the castle 2/17 for TAH/BSO
Unread 02-09-2004, 11:26 PM

I asked what the cost difference was (insurance will pay for semi-private room) and when she said $30 I pounced! The hospital I am going to has a gynecology wing...no babies. I noticed that the admission form had a question on it about private rooms...they WERE going to ask...I just beat them to it:-)

Best to ya!

Rhonda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2004, 11:31 PM

Rhonda, I am so glad I read your post. I want to ask for a private room, too! But the thing I can relate to is the rate of fibroid growth. I am sure mine has grown at least as much as yours in the same amount of time. I can hardly stand it. Also good that they can still do horizontal cut. I am going to ask the same questions tomorrow...thank you!! I go in Wednesday. See you on the post-op side!
Julia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register