BM problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-10-2004, 02:21 PM
BM problems

Thanks so much for the ideas in helping me pee easier after the cath was removed...now for the other end!

I've been living on stool softeners and yet my bms are so hard to pass.....hate to be so graphic, but does anyone know what else I could eat or drink (drinking lots of water) that could help ease the pain. THANKS AGAIN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2004, 05:37 PM
BM problems

Well, you're already trying my main two ...stool softners and water to drink. Now for this next idea ... I am not a doctor so you will want to check with yours... have you tried a glycerin suppository? Now, sometimes that causes some cramping and that might not be good ... so check with your doctor first!!!

How's everything else? I have been thinking about you and hoping you were on the mend.

Unread 02-10-2004, 07:15 PM
BM problems

will ask dr when i see him if still a problem next week.
i am doing ok. my bladder still needs to calm itself - likes to pee a lot now but other than discomfort now and again there is no real pain and things are progressing smoothly.

i just CAN NOT SLEEP. gonna post on here and hopefully someone has an idea on how to obtain it. tried xanax and tried ambien with no luck...any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2004, 07:53 PM
BM

I had the same problem. Started eating Oatmeal for breakfast drink lots of fluids. Stool Softener with lunch and dinner. Try to eat foods with fibers. I even started to drink prune juice. Liquids like chicken or beef broth is good too. Alternate stool softener with Metamucil.

I am 5 1/2 wks post-op and still somedays constipated; then again I've always been this way. It just seems worse after surgery.
Unread 02-11-2004, 04:56 PM
BM problems

Drinking water and adding stool softeners has always worked for me. A glycerin suppository can also help, but it's important to check with your doctor before you try it.

Have you tried drinking your water at room temperature? That is a lot easier on your system and helps with softening the stools. Walking also helps. I remember, when I was early post-op, I would walk, slowly of course, until I just had to sit down and let nature do it's thing (sorry to be so graphic).

Finally, I know that this is not a favorite snacking food, but this is almost a majic formula: mix bran cereals with apple sauce and prune juice. What worked for me was to add bran cereals to a helping of apple oatmeal and then add the prune juice.
Unread 02-11-2004, 04:58 PM
BM problems

OK thanks for the tips....will try em out and see what developes..lol
Unread 02-12-2004, 09:30 AM
BM problems

The VERY best thing I've found in addition to stool softeners and lots of fluids and fibre is PRUNE JUICE. It's my new best friend, I swear. Even half a cup makes a difference for me. Fortunately, I really like prune juice. Prunes are good, too, and dates. Now I wish I could just remember to drink that prune juice I have in the frig! It lasts forever, it seems.
Unread 02-12-2004, 10:33 AM
BM problems

I like prunes so may give the juice a try. Need to get a list for my son to run to the store...will add that to it! thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register