Prolapse? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Prolapse?

Hi, Sheri. Sorry to hear about the accidents and the it running down your leg. I think you should send me the pessary info, as this is not ending and it feels as though I never wiped after using the bathroom. I know the feeling of needing to run to the restroom quickly. One minute you're ok, and the next, you gotta go! DBF is a sweetie, and that's a huge plus in having to deal with this. I hope he'll stick around awhile..

My prayers are with you..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Prolapse?

Thanks for the prayers ((Bethany)) I sometimes feel like I can use all I can get I'm sure you do too

Here are a few links that I thot were very descriptive:

Pessary: What It Is and How to Use One

What is a Pessary?

Vaginal pessaries

Quote:
A vaginal pessary is a small device, similar to a diaphragm or cervical cap, which is inserted into the vagina to hold the prolapsed organ(s) in place. Pessaries are generally recommended as treatment for women who are waiting for surgery or women who are unable or choose not to have surgery.

Pessaries need to be individually fitted and you may need to try a few different shapes and sizes before you find one that feels comfortable and stays in place. During your fitting, your doctor will insert the pessary and ask you to walk around, sit, squat, cough and strain to test if it's comfortable and remains in place.

Once you've found the best fit, you will be asked to try it for a month or two before returning for a follow-up appointment. If you have any difficulties or concerns during this period, contact your doctor for an earlier appointment. If your pessary is not working or is causing problems, you can either try a different pessary or a different treatment option entirely.
It doesnt sound like the greatest thing to wear around but, IMO, it sure beats the alternative; leaking, bulging & pain

Let me know what you think...I'm leaning heavily toward this option at least for the time being while I try and decide if wearing one for an extended amount of time is something I'm ok with or not?!?

((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Unread 02-16-2004, 10:23 AM
Prolapse?

Thanks for the quick reply, Sheri. I am not sure if this is the route I want to take, but my doc goes for the least invasive treatment first, so I may have to expieriment with one.. I am concerned with the pessary causing infections. I spent most of last summer dealing with either BV or yeast. I thankfully got a handle on them, and don't want them to return. I know me, I'll be worried about odor and be trying to clean the darn thing everyday! It is a better option than feeling the way I do now, though. Your links are great! Yes, I need all the prayers I can get, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 09:46 AM
pessary

Just wanted to weigh in & give the pessary issue a big thumbs up! I am using one as I type & it is helping me a lot. I have even started running again! (though not very far cause now everything else is sore!) I can insert/remove/ clean it myself. Sometimes I just leave it out at night since I'm lying down anyway. I wouldn't want to live like this but until I can have my cystocele & rectocele repaired it helps decrease the pain. Good Luck to you.
Unread 02-25-2004, 01:05 PM
Prolapse?

Thanks for your input on the Pessary I'm glad to hear it is helping you soo I'm leaning myself towards this option 1st so it was great reading your post Is your surgery already scheduled? Do you mind my asking what type of procedure your having? I've seen it performed open/LAP/Vaginal/Abdominal....
Good Luck with everything!

((((((hugs)))))))

PS~ I was just wondering how thing were going for you ((Bethany))?? I do hope all is well
Unread 02-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Prolapse?

Hi Sherri,
My surgery is scheduled for April 26!!! I am having both my cystocele and rectocele repaired vaginally. The doctor described a midline incision to fix the cystocele and a "smiley face" shaped incision to fix to the rectocele. He seems to down play my concerns that these may recur...feels no need for lifting restrictions beyond the 1st month...but since I believe in & listen to my sisters here I am going to be very careful about lifting forever!
Unread 02-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Prolapse?

Good Luck on the 26th I'm sure your looking soo forward to some relief! I hope you'll post w/an update

I'm glad your going to take extra precautions to help avoid a possible reoccurrence...it's like after you've been thru soo much you dont want to take any chances, if you can help it, to have it happen again <sigh> Hopefully, that wont be a reality for you!!
Take care
Unread 02-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Prolapse?

Hi!
Just had my physical and my doctor says I'll be needing surgery for prolapse down the road as well. It's not too bad yet, but I definitely have a bulge when I walk a distance. I've been doing my kegels but that hasn't solved the problem. I am very, very careful about lifting, and I will continue to be for the rest of my life, regardless of what the doctors say. Thanks for all the info. from you sisters! It's helped me and encouraged me

Monalees
TAH/BSO for endometrial & endocervical cancer/2nd surgery for ruptured bladder/Dec02
Unread 02-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Prolapse?

I'll definitely post & let you know how things go. Thanks for your good wishes. I'm scared but looking forward to painfree days without my pessary! Take Care.
Unread 03-01-2004, 07:14 AM
Prolapse?

Hi, everyone! I am seeing my doc on 3/17. I am getting tired of waking up after a nights sleep and feeling like I wet my pants. I was helping someone move thisweekend and it was tough, I kept getting the feeling of something falling out. I tried not to life anything too heavy, either. I am at the point where if the pessary is an option, I'll take it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register