Vivelle Patch...Good or Bad? Need opinions. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vivelle Patch...Good or Bad? Need opinions. Vivelle Patch...Good or Bad? Need opinions.

Unread 10-21-2000, 12:06 PM
Vivelle Patch...Good or Bad? Need opinions.

Hi, I am fairly new here and had my TAH BSO on 9-28-00. I am doing great and am having NO problems with my 1.0 (I think)Vivelle patch. The problem is, I want to know as much as I can about this hormone patch. I am VERY happy it is working for me, but feel uneducated about the product. The information that comes with the RX really tells me nothing. Is there any negative or positive info about this patch that I should know?
Thanks for any thoughts! Wishing you all a healthy and happy day!
Tammy in Oregon...AKA mom.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2000, 02:37 PM
Vivelle Dot

Tammy,
I just had a TVH-BSO September 15 and I too feel great.
I first tried the Climara patch and then the Vivelle Dot .1 mg.
They both worked well for me with no adverse side effects. I felt so good I often wondered if they were working.
I just didn't care for wearing a patch, but that was a personal opinion. I hope they continue to work for you.
I am trying something new today and so far so good.
Good luck,
Layne
Unread 10-21-2000, 09:35 PM

There are two forms--the vivelle patch and the vivelle dot. A lot of women have liked the dot better--smaller with stronger adhesive. It's basically 17 beta estradiol--exactly the same as one of the forms of estrogen your body makes. You absorb it through the thin skin and a layer of fat and it enters the bloodstream. It doesn't go through the liver until later (oral goes through the liver right away). So, the patch estrogen won't help your cholesterol levels like the oral will but on the other hand, you have less risk of developing gallbladder problems.

I'm so glad it's working for you! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2000, 09:15 PM

Mom.com

I am also on the Vivelle Dot 1 mg. Patch. And it works real well for me . I have not really had no problems with it. It stays on good. Not like the Climara Patch that I once was on. I have not had any bad side affects with it at all. Good Luck, and I am glad that it is working for you.

Trish,

I have never had a cholesterol problem until I had my TAH in Feb 99 and my BSO in May 00. My cholesterol is at 300 now and I will start Lipitor in Jan. if I have not brought it down with diet and exercise on my own. Does estrogen affect your cholesterol? This would really be nice to know. Thanks and Good Luck All

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register