Feeling a little BLUE!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling a little BLUE!! Feeling a little BLUE!!

Unread 02-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Feeling a little BLUE!!

I am 2 weeks post-op today from TAH. I am feeling pretty good, but I just can't shake this "blue" feeling I have had all day. My MIL who has been coming and staying during the day with my 2 young children has been a true blessing. Today was the last day planned for her to do that. I just almost cried when she left this evening. She just lives a few miles away, but I felt like I was loosing my life line!

Also, I had my TAH for cervical carcinoma in situ. I was so happy to find that my pathology showed no invasive cancer. But now I feel guilty...why was I so lucky to catch mine early? I am also almost embarresed when people say..."so you had cancer?" I feel like I really did not have cancer....just a close call. I don't know how to describe my feelings about this....

Ok....sorry guys I am just in a real funk. Anyone else go through this??? I know it will get better.....I just want to lay in my bed and cry for now though!

I will be happy tomorrow!

Thanks for listening!
Angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Feeling a little BLUE!!

Hi Angie,

Actually a good cry can be healthy. Think of it this way....you are coming down from a high and now reality is hitting. You probably expected the worst and luckily got the best.

Go have a big hot fudge sundae for Valentine's Day. It is a natural cure all...LOL

Keep in touch.

Rosalie
Unread 02-13-2004, 08:26 PM
HI

In part, your hormones have been disrupted and may be recovering and swinging around. There is also that which is known as survivor's guilt. You are relieved and yet askng about why you are spared when others aren't. This can be very confusing and non cancer people don't understand. Also your MIL leaving is reason to be concerned--she was right there and you had hel--now you're back to the full responsibility. The hekp was wonderful and now it's going. Your feeling blue is not inexpected--if it goes on, please find some health professional to talk to--about that survivor's guilt. You may feel better knowing even I have it--I go to a 1200 plus ovarisn board and many a time when a sister dies, I cry and wonder why I'm here when she is gone. For instance, a woman with a very ill husband who was diagnosed after me with a lower stage died and I went through it. I hope I've helped here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Feeling a little BLUE!!

Angie,

I think many of us find that tears are a sort of natural reaction after this kind of surgery, especially when cancer, even in its earlier stages, is involved. You've been through a lot, and a TAH is BIG surgery.

So give yourself time and just let your feelings be whatever they are. And use this website -- it's a real help and support.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 02-13-2004, 08:36 PM
Feeling a little BLUE!!

Hi Angie:

While it's wonderful news regarding your pathology report you still have been through a lot - major surgery - nothing to make light of and you're body is going through some changes and is also going through the healing process so emotionally it takes it's toll and time to process all that's happened. Two weeks post-op is still early - give yourself time to heal.

Continue to be good to yourself and look after yourself the best you can. Things will get better but please continue to let us know how you are doing so that we can help one another.

Wishing you good days ahead.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register