Anyone have Fibrocystic Breast? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have Fibrocystic Breast? Anyone have Fibrocystic Breast?

Unread 02-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Anyone have Fibrocystic Breast?

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, sorry if this isn't the right place for this topic. I was wondering if anyone has had Fibrocystic breast since they've had they're Hysterectomy,I know you can get it without having one, but I was concerned since I have had a TAH. I just went to my doctor this past week, and she checked me out and told me thats what it was, I read up on it and I think I found only one site that said, if you had this that you could be at risk for breast cancer, I'm worried to death because I have a cousin and an aunt thats having breast problems, my cousin had some lumps removed under her underarm. She said she has to take a cancer pill for the next 5 years. What scared me is she said she's only been on Estratest for 1 year, and I've been on it for awhile now, If anyone has any comments Please let me know, I'm open for any discussion for this topic. Guess I'm just real scared because of knowing that theres cancer in the family. I've already lost all my female organs, I just don't feel I could stand it if I lost my breast. I feel I wouldn't be as a whole women anymore, hope you all understand where I'm coming from, sorry for such a long post, Hope you all have a great day and Happy Belated Valentines Day! ~Nikechic29~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2004, 07:07 AM

Hi Nikechic,

I'm sorry that you are having to deal with these uncertainties. Although I haven't had any experience with fibrocystic breast disease and don't know much about it, hopefully some others will post in who do.

You'll be in my prayers--keep us informed!

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 02-15-2004, 07:40 AM

Even before my surgery in October (removed both ovaries, partially hyster in '91) I had fibrocystic breast disease. I went in for my yearly check up Tuesday and my DR found several lumps in both breasts. I've never had lumps like this. I had to have a mammogram and ultrasound on the lumps. The tech told me the lumps look like they are fluid filled. Still waiting for the mammogram results. I've been on an estrogen patch since the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2004, 01:10 PM

Hi Nikechic,
I went through a scare myself last month, so I know how you are feeling. A suspicious area was picked up by the mammogram. Because I had both endometrial and ovarian cancers, I am considered high risk. Naturally there was a lot of concern, which only frightened me further.

A sonogram showed the lumps, (there were three) to be fibroadenoma which are benign, thank goodness. But since I am high risk, I've taken to reading all I can on maintaining breast health.

One book I highly recommend is "Breast Cancer? Breast Health! The Wise Woman Way." by Susun Weed. It is very well researched and written, and discusses both alternative and conventional medical treatments, diet, lifestyle and meditation. There are others, but this one really helped me get through that long two weeks, and I've since adopted many of her recommendations.

If there is anything else I can do to help, please feel free to send me a PM.

s

ps. You too drivin_sister
Unread 02-15-2004, 01:21 PM
fibrocystic breasts

i have fybrocystic breasts, this was before the hyst. i was told that there wasn't an increased chance of breast cancer, how ever i am on estratest and i've heard that with fybrocystic breasts and hrt that there is an increased chance.dd said to just keep up with my yearly mammograms, and not to worry...also have been told to lay off caffine products as these can cause painfull breasts.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register