Sunday the 15th of Feb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sunday the 15th of Feb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sunday the 15th of Feb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 02-15-2004, 05:54 AM
Sunday the 15th of Feb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellooooooooooooo everyone. I am the only one up in my house. But when I have had to many I can never sleep. Oh well. So I am having coffee and playing on the computer.

Yesterday was fun fun fun. Food and booze was bad bad bad but that is okay. It was so worth it. I will be good tomorrow and then in March I am going for a cheat free alcohol free month.

I hope everyone is well.

Talk to you soon

Katie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2004, 06:24 AM

G'morning!

Hi Katie, looks like we're both on line early this morning. Glad you enjoyed the party yesterday! Sounds like you are determined to make March totally cheat-free.

Well, this is my 4th hysterversary, so I'm going to do something to celebrate. Haven't decided what yet.

Last night's Valentine's Day bash (which here is always with sweet stuff) would have been fine, if I'd stopped at a moderate hot fudge sundae. But then I had a cup of hot cocoa, and that put me over the edge. Sugar doesn't really rev me up, it dulls me instead. On the whole, I've cut back on sweets lately, and I think the body really kicks back *punch* when I go off program, especially since I've been maintaining better eating habits on the whole. OK, OK, another lesson learned!

Just had breakfast --yeah, oatmeal w/all bran and some cinnamon, cranberry juice & orange. Sometimes on Sunday I'll have the other half of the Portuguese roll I started on Saturday, but after all that sweet stuff last night -- not to mention real homemade whipped cream, not the spray stuff out of a can-- I needed something healthier this morning!

Cold today, but I'm determined to get out there for a walk and maintain the "BSQ Challenge".

Well, have a great day, ladies, and I'll see you later on.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 02-15-2004, 06:32 AM

Good morning Katie, Marl, and all,

I overindulged at my dinner last night too. Very reasonable portions, but probably chock full of calories, and I had two drinks (Baileys--and they were doubles ). But like Katie said, it was all so good and fun, it was entirely worth it. Just one meal. Then my plan is to fully adopt my yeast elimination diet tomorrow (well, 99.9% anyway). That will be for at least 3 months, but that's fine really, because I already see the huge benefits from following it.

I came downstairs to feed the woodstove, but was drawn in by my magnetic attraction to the PC and my BEST friends . Have to go do my yoga and WAP tape now--first day of my challenge for this week.

Have to go into work this afternoon to review a document that won't be ready until then and is in rush mode. It's not a problem--I don't mind. I actually hope I get in enough hours that I feel like I can take tomorrow off. It's a holiday for DH and DS, but not for me. So we'll see.

Marl--Happy hysterversary!!! Let us know what special things you do to celebrate! Hope you have a great day and your sugar detox goes well--I will be in the same mode!

Katie--Hope you have a nice quiet day after not getting your rest in. So glad your party was such fun, but you are a party animal and your parties are always great. Now you are mentally preparing for your cheat-free March--I know you will do it. I've read that's a great way to prepare for any big changes, to mentally set a date, talk about it, plan for it, etc. Then when the date arrives, you will be ready to meet the challenge.

Have a great Sunday all ! It was supposed to be cloudy and yucky here, but it is beautiful, sunny with blue sky. A lot colder than yesterday, but pretty.

Shirley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2004, 06:32 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Feeling great that I've worked out this week 3 times. Last night spare of the moment I picked up all the ingredients to combine a fruit salad for dinner. It was great & very refreshing & DH loved it. DH & I celebrated Valentine's on Thursday night.

Southie, perhaps next time you pass my path e mail or PM & we can meet. Gosh, Desk went thru great lengths to meet with me at my new house (see our photo in my gallery) Not working out today because my Curves is closed on Sunday. I'll be walking the mall though. Any Curves members out there where Curves is open on Sunday's?

Katie...Drink plenty of water today cause your coffee just might dehydrate you even more Maybe some cranberry juice would help with what you are feeling.

Happy Post Valentine's Day to everyone.

Sister Katie
Unread 02-15-2004, 07:20 AM

Good morning all! Yes, I ate more than usual at my dinner out last night but I am not going to dwell on it! Hubby and I had a nice time so it was worth the extra calories. He also gave me a lovely 14 carat gold heart slide for a new necklace I bought a few weeks ago. I love jewelry almost as much as I love food! Ok, today, I will be back on track. I have decided that March !st is the day I will be starting the SBD. It works out fine then.......no special places to go where I might be sabatoged! By the time any social events come about, I will be well on my way to my new healthy eating lifestyle!

Have a great OP sunday everyone! KatieN, Curves is closed here on Sunday,s too. Later..........

Emily
Unread 02-15-2004, 08:12 AM

Good Morning to my BEST Friends

Well today is NASCAR day in our neighborhood. We are going to attend a party this afternoon. We have to bring our own drinks - so mine drink of choise will be WATER!! I did make my quota yesterday - so I met my challenge!

Our dinner last night was as I said - filet mignon, with lobster salad, portaguese (sp?) rolls, and broccoli with cheese sauce. I did very very well - portions were great. But I did indulge in a small piece of homemade ricotta cheese cake. It wasn't bad as I had not had bkft or lunch (bad me - too busy - not hungry). So the extra calories didn't hurt me.

We ended up eating late because of my surprise.....my DH came home from work and took me shopping for a ................

~~~~ New Car ~~~~

I almost fell out of my chair when he told me what we were going to do!! It will be a 2004 Saturn Vue, white with grey interior. They didn't have the color on the lot, but will have it Monday. So off we go back Monday morning! I can't hardly wait.

Let me tell you it's one Valentines Day I will never forget, lol.

Anyway - hello's to Shirley, Emily, Sister Kate, Marlene, Katie - your all up early. And also to Xena, Ann, Dawn815, TDawn, Chris, Sherry, Shelly, Bookfairy, Sharon, Pat, Sue, Val, Bliss, Toni, Tamara, BSQ, and the dozens my brain can't think of right now, lol.

Hugs to each of you - have a wonderful day. If your into NASCAR here's hoping your driver wins!!

Melissa
Unread 02-15-2004, 08:46 AM

Hi BEST s It's one day over here, so we're cocooning indoors.... and the PC is such a magnet at those times!!!

I'm telling you, I'm sure glad that I succeeded at my BSQ challenge of eating OP for three days, because I sure overindulged yesterday: chocolate, pie, ice cream and good cheers felt great!!!

Today, I've got my own challenge going on: I want to continue with 3 more days of being perfectly OP, so that I have an almost perfect week. And I'm back to PACE tomorrow, hopefully every day this week: it's a new addiction of mine!!!

((((Marlene))) a very happy Hysterversary to you

Katie, Marlene, Shirley and Emily: let's all put yesterday behind us, be very OP today and concentrate on our water. Yesterday was fun and well worth it and we probably ate a whole lot less than we would have should we have not been on our respective plans.

KatieN and Melissa: Kudos to you for your determination and your control. That's what I'm hoping to achieve, one of these days.

Everyone else, I hope you're all having a BEST week-end, which, for those of us in the north, means cocooning today... because of the cold.
Unread 02-15-2004, 09:51 AM

Hi Everyone,

Happy Sunday Morning to Everyone. Hope everyone is doing Well. I am having an up day. I made it to the early service at church this morning. Yeah for me. I then came home and made breakfast for me and DH we had scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and turkey sausage. He is trying atkins.

I will be watching Nascar with him today. I am not a huge fan but I love spending time with him while he watches. I am getting more into it the more I watch it. Not sure who my favorite driver is yet.

Katie - Glad you had fun at your party. Usually I sleep too much if I drink

Marl - Happy Hysterversary!!! Celebrate.

Hi Shirley - Glad you had fun yesterday too. I love Baileys. I really like mudslides

Sister Katie - My Curves is closed on Sundays too. I wish they would be open for a few hours. I mean they are raking in the $$$$$$ so I think they should accomadate the members. My DH figured the woman who owns the curves I go to (she owns another one) will bring in a cool million this year. Good
for her, but open on Sundays !!!!!!!!

Emily - I think your HS name tells us you love jewelry DH finished my kitchen for me for Valentines day. It was what I wanted.

Melissa - A new car!!! That is great!!!!

Dany - Stay Warm.

Unread 02-15-2004, 10:00 AM

Shelley! My password has to do with gems as well! But honestly, my HS name just happened that way.........it is a combo of my hubby's name, my name and our last name. Funny how it worked out that way.........me loving jewelry the way I do!!!!!

Emily
Unread 02-15-2004, 10:48 AM

Hello everyone.

Dinner was at noon and was OP--some turkey soup (homemade, yum), a small baked chicken breast, mashed potatoes, apple sauce, mixed veggies and lima beans. Homemade raspberry torte for dessert-just took one piece and the pieces were cut small. Not overly sweet, which was good after last night's sugarfest!

Dany, I agree with you...most of us would probably have indulged a lot more yesterday if we weren't trying to be reasonably OP!

Shirley, I know what you mean about your PC having a magnetic draw. Mine does too. And always to BEST! Oh, I got the recipe! Can't wait to try it.

Sister Katie, that fruit salad sounds wonderful.

Emily....wow! Can you post a picture of your new gift?

And Melissa...can we see one of you DRIVING your new gift?

Shelly, I know what you mean about getting into the racing. I never had the slightest interest in it, but one of my closest friends does, and when I visit him, we always end up watching the Speed Channel. It's interesting and sometimes the real fun is watching my friend watch it---he gets like a little kid. Don't think I'd ever want to drive one of those cars... although some of my passengers probably think I might as well.

Well, although it's Sunday I have to put out new timesheets since our new payperiod started at midnight and I forgot all about it. Then a walk. I'll keep Nancy in mind if I start to out because it's too cold.

See you later.

Blessings.
Marlene

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register