Worried About Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worried About Surgery Worried About Surgery

Unread 02-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Worried About Surgery

IAM GETTING WORRIED ABOUT MY SURGERY ON MAR 4TH I HAVENT TOLD MY BOSSS YET DONT NOW HOW TO TELL THEM I HAVE TO HAVE THIS SURGERY I ALONE BEEN THIER FOUR MONTHS I DONT WANT TO LOSE THIS JOB I LOVE THIER IT NICE I WORK AT SPA . I CLEAN HOUSE AND DO LUNDRY , ETC. I THINK I HAVE TO BEEN OFF FOR LONGER THEN TWO WEEKS . THINK ABOUT TRY THE HEALTH CLINC THIER TO SEE IF THEY CN HELP ME FRIST BEFORE SURGERY ? NOT TO SURE ABOUT HERB MEDS . I GETTING THEM DO BLOOD TEST ON MY HOMORES TO SEE WHERE THIER AT ? HAS ANY ONE TRY NATURAL HEALTH THING ? CAN I TAKE HOMORES IF MY STUFF NOT WORK ING ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2004, 03:57 PM
Worried About Surgery

First off, take a deep breath and try to calm yourself. Have you been told by your Dr. that you need a hysterectomy? I know what your talking about as far as your job and such but if you have to have the surgery to improve your health then that is what must come first. I am 4 months post op and it came at a very bad time for me as far as my job was concerned and I avoided it and put it off until I developed life threatening problems and I was forced to have a full hysterectomy. I will tell you that it saved my life and no herbal medication or any medication as for that will "heal" you if you have to have a hysterectomy. As far as your job is concerned, there are federal laws that will protect you against being terminated and you can take a leave of absence under FMLA but you won't be paid, find out what provisions your employer has. Your health is most important, jobs will come and go. I found out through all of this that you have to take as good of care of yourself as you can because you only get one body in this life and we are more fragile than we think we are. After a hysterectomy your going to be down for a good 5 weeks and you can't push yourself. Some women bounce back sooner but that is the average. Time and rest are the only things that will help you heal. Evaluate your situation with your Dr. and then maybe you should consider talking to your boss. Hang in there, it'll get better.
Unread 02-17-2004, 05:42 AM
Worried About Surgery

Hi

Welcome back to Hyster Sisters - know that you've been waiting since the fall to be able to have your surgery done, and I know that you have suffered an awful lot, so please don't do anything to jeopardise your recovery.

Has your doctor told you that you can return to work in 2 weeks? Does he know exactly what your job consists of? Regardless of the type of hysterectomy that you will be having, there will still be many internal stitches which will need time to heal, and you shouldn't be lifting anything or doing any cleaning for several weeks.

Has your doctor told you that it's medically necessary for you to have your surgery now? If so, then you must do it, but if not, perhaps you might want to seek out another opinion or two before the 4th.

I had a vaginal hyst (with some repairs) and wasn't allowed to return to work for 5 1/2 weeks. I have a desk job, but I was totally exhausted by the end of each day.

As far as being protected by the FMLA - unfortunately, as far as I am aware, that only applies to companies with 50 or more employees, so it may not apply to you. The only way to know for sure would be to talk with your personnel office.

I wish you the very best, and hope that your boss turns out to be more understanding of your situation than you think he/she will be.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2004, 05:51 PM
hi i tlka with my boss today

i tlak with my boss today about me having surgery she said ok if i can get done end of march or apirl 6 anytime after that i so glad she so understanding and i want lose my job she said they would cover for me until i get better i love my job it great place to work thye so understanding . now call doctor office to see if they can move my surgery date march 30 or april 6 . i been going throught this for two years and final got someone to listen to about the pian and al every month drri .cramps i get dizzy tried alll the time . so waitting to hear from doctor office . now
Unread 02-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Worried About Surgery

I'm glad you talked to your boss, two years is long enough to suffer I can relate. It'll be over with before you know it and you'll be just fine!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register