pelvic PT, pain and more. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pelvic PT, pain and more. pelvic PT, pain and more.

Unread 02-16-2004, 06:17 PM
pelvic PT, pain and more.

what a day. Started with a call to my gyn about my recent uncomfortable bladder issues. Went to see her. found out she got called to an emergency, and her nurse practitioner would see me. That was a waste! She told me to wait til Thursday when the culture results came back. I replied as I was leaving "oh fun, I get to have a uncomfortable full bladder spasming until Thursday." In which she said "what else do you expect from me?" Oh nothing, just some compassion, and RELIEF! So I called my pain

Anyway, on to Pelvic PT. She started out with poking and prodding, and rubbing. OWIE!!! We didn't do much since I was crying from the pain. I go back in 2 weeks.

Stopped into the pain clinic. The receptionist took one look at me, and ran around the desk, grabbed a wheelchair, and took me straight back to the exam room. They changed my meds. I'm on Kadian 30mgs and Ocycodone 10 mgs. Told me that if I still hurt like this on Thurs. to call them and they'd get me in.

But the best news of all. My insurance company approved my nerve blocks! : I'm scheduled on the 26th!

I just hope that this helps me, and I will get some relief. I'm so tired, and weak from being in pain, and it's totally messed up my life. I can't live like this. I wonder if my life is worth living if I'm going to be in pain. It just seems so hopeless.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2004, 06:39 PM

Dear Laura,

Please make sure to mention to the PM doctor your feelings of hopelessness. Perhaps he/she can recommend a counselor who helps people learn to cope with chronic pain/medical problems. I have done that in the past and it has helped a great deal.... Also, perhaps he/she would give you an anti-depressant ... chronic pelvic pain is certainly more than enough to make anyone feel depressed... but the sad part is that depression then can make the pain feel worse and more unmanageable... so it can be a viscious cycle. What I have learned over my many years of pain is part of managing the pain problem is helping both the physical and emotional aspects of the problem.

Please let your doctor know as soon as possible. I hope you are able to find some relief soon. Please keep us posted. I am worried about you and hope to hear you sounding better soon.

Sarah
Unread 02-16-2004, 08:01 PM

(((Laura))),
I'm sorry you received no help from your Gyn's office <sigh> Sounds like you have an awesome group of Pain Drs tho I'm glad they helped you with the pain

Hopefully, those Nerve blocks will provide you with some much needed relief!! Chronic pain can really take a toll on our over all well-being...I have suffered severe Chronic Pelvic & abdominal pain for the past 4 yrs. There are days when I feel as if I cant take it any longer but I refuse to give into the pain. It has taken enough of my life away and I aint givin it no more
I have drawn a lot of strength & inspiration from my ((Sisters)) here on The Road...when the days are really bad, I make sure I visit here no matter what! Looking around me & seeing others fighting the same battles as I, makes me that much more determined to go on!!
I have something that no one can take away from me ((Laura)) & that is HOPE! Hope that somehow, someday, someone will have the answers to my pain, along with the answers to all my ((Sisters)) pain....
Keep fighting my friend and keep hanging onto that hope

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2004, 12:18 AM

HI Laura,
I have no words of wisdom, but Sarah and Sheri have said a lot of good stuff with regards to the pain.
I'm so sorry you are hurting so much, - and the NP was NOT kind at all - at the best of times we get upset with that kind of treatment, when we are hurting it is 10 times worse.

sending you some s and I hope you are feeling a bit better with your new meds and that you soon find some treatment that really helps long term!
Unread 02-17-2004, 01:36 PM

A quick comment about anti-depressants: I take a low dose of Welbutrin, and it helps enormously with the nerve pain from my bad discs in my cervical spine. Yes, it also improves the outlook -- but the difference in the nerve pain was enough to keep me on it even after my particular depressive crisis had passed.

I would, when you have some energy, write about that nurse practitioner. She has a boss, whoever that may be (perhaps the office manager?) and her attitude needs to be reported. That's just plain inappropriate!

I've not been around much, but do you have IC as well as your endo? There are interventions, and the bladder medications do work well for some; seems like it would be worth looking into if you've not already. I found that dietary modifications made a difference in my low-level IC; cutting out acidic foods alone cut way back on the spasms I was having!

Such a relief about the nerve blocks. Hope that gives you long-lasting relief, and if not, at least some answers!

Audrey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register