MariaCoo, all updates in this thread.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

MariaCoo, all updates in this thread.. MariaCoo, all updates in this thread..

Unread 02-17-2004, 03:23 PM
MariaCoo, the day after...

I hope it ok to start new threads - maybe not every day, but at least right now - because I want to send Maria all the replies, it is easier with a new post....

This is what Adrie sent tonight:

(back to edit!!! --- I wrote Ardie before, it was a typo - his name is Adrie)

Dear Cheryl and all the other dear Sisters,

You respond all so nice that I made myself a promise to give you a daily update. Sometimes short, sometimes longer. We'll see.

Of course, you want to know about the last 24 hours first. OK, here we go. By the way, OK in Dutch is a translated Operation Room, so you can learn something too from Maria's surgery.

This morning Maria was helped out of here artificial sleep after a night that was according to the overall expectations.
About 12.00 hours she was brought back to the nursery department, gyneacology. Maria was still in a lot of pain and they stopped the spine aneasthesia. Now she is on morphine, which she can take hereself by just pressing a botton. There will be an alarm when she takes more than usual required and they will come and inform the anaesthetist to give her some more or something else. So it is a safe medium.

Those are the circumstances. Let's go to Maria hereself now.

When Maria is not much in pain, she is positive and talks a little bit. But I tried to let her rest as much as possible and I talked to her more. Guess I convinced her that she does not have to entertain me. I read her the positive emails I got last night and she loves them. Tomorrow I will read to her all the reactions you sent her. Maybe she is even capable to read them herself then. Today she could not see well. Too much drugs and no glasses.
Maria did rest and sleep a lot untill I left at about 21.00 hours.
Because she is of course still so very weak and drugged we did not discuss much of what they exactly did yesterday. But we gave thought to a new future with a lot of love involved. Sure there is a lot of inconvenience involved and there will be set-backs, love will conquer them all.

That's why the love you all send to Maria is so important, to me also.
Maria sends her love to you all.

Till tomorrow.
May you all be blessed,

Adrie

Sisters, I think this is really good news -
If you feel like writing I will send all the messages to Ardie tomorrow - (keep in mind over here we are 6 hours ahead of EST - so when it is midnight in New York it is 6.am the next morning for us)

g'night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2004, 04:31 PM
MariaCoo, all updates in this thread..

Maria,

Ardie is keeping us so well informed about your progress. You've got a great husband there!

You've had a big & long surgery--so take all the time you need to recover. We are so happy that things went well for you, and we'll be anxious to hear more.

Rest, rest, rest! Once you are home, get some novels you've been wanting to read, or videos you've been wanting to watch.
Relax and enjoy the feeling of wellness returning.

Ardie, thanks for being such a good correspondent! Maria is so blessed to have you at her side!

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 02-17-2004, 04:48 PM

(((Maria))) I'm so happy that you're doing well enough to get onto the regular floor. Use that morphine for pain whenever you need it--you don't have to act tough and try to put up with the pain. The goal is to be comfortable so that you can focus on healing.

You're going to feel stronger every day. Remember to get lots of rest. I will be keeping you in my 'ers. Even though we are all miles apart, just visualize us all standing right there in your room with you, because we are there in spirit (oh--it just got a little crowded in here !)

Take care, Maria. And you too, Ardie (Adrie?--I've seen both spellings). Thanks for keeping us updated on Maria's progress.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2004, 05:06 PM
UPDATE

Maria, you take all the pain medication you need. I wound up stoned on them after my elbow surgery but I needed them and had them. It sounds as if you are making good progress, which is great news indeed! Can you feel us all in your room with you? We are. Daily updates will be greatly appreciated and my prayers are still going up. Ellen
Unread 02-17-2004, 05:24 PM

((Maria))

I am so glad your recovery is going well. Please rest and take care of yourself. Imagine all of the Sisters here giving you warm gentle hugs and rocking you to sleep.

We'll have more and some : waiting for you.

I'll keep the warm

You have a wonderful husband! It is so nice that he is willing to send these letters back and forth

Dorrie
Unread 02-17-2004, 05:26 PM

Adrie: thank you so much for your daily updates! You are a wonderful husband to be doing this.

Maria, keep pushing for the pain meds as you need them! Rest, rest, rest. We are all there in spirit with you. You have gone through so much, and now it is time to just rest, and heal.

All my prayers are with you. Love & Hugs.
Unread 02-17-2004, 05:54 PM

Maria and Adrie
Well done for getting through the last twenty four hours which sound tough for both of you - so make sure you get lots of rest both of you, take all the pain medication you need and remember that we are all thinking of you so much over there in Holland and praying for a good and speedy recovery. You had such a tough summer but you were always so incredibly upbeat and brave, I consider you one amazing woman and a truly inspirational woman on this board. Love to both of you and keep getting better. Debs xx
Unread 02-17-2004, 06:58 PM
keeping you both in my prayers

Maria,

hope this finds you gaining strenght and pain-free. And that all you have been thru has been the thing that kicks this cancers butt!!

Thank you Adrie for keeping us posted..she is one amazing and well loved sister !!!!

Blessings and love to you both

Thanks CAS29 you're the best
Unread 02-17-2004, 07:55 PM

Maria,
I am glad to here you are recovering nicely. Please rest and take it slow. I tried to do too much too soon after my exenteration to convince myself and everyone that I was fine and it hindered the recovery. Give yourself lot's of healing time.
Thank you so much Ardie for keeping us updated
Unread 02-17-2004, 08:52 PM

Hugs to you Maria!! I am so happy to read your update! You rest and gain your strength back. You are really an inspiration to all of us here. We are praying for your TOTAL recovery and cancer-free future!
Thank you Adrie, for being there for your wonderful wife and being so supportive. We appreciate the updates on Maria. Take care , both of you!
Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register