MariaCoo, all updates in this thread.. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

MariaCoo, all updates in this thread.. MariaCoo, all updates in this thread..

Unread 02-18-2004, 07:29 AM
MariaCoo, all updates in this thread..

Maria, you asked for prayers on the prayer board before your surgery which is where I read about your ordeal. Please know that I am praying for your complete recovery. I agree with the women here; you have a great husband who will be a great
support for you during recovery. You have touched our hearts, and you have many of us praying for you and wishing you warm,
fuzzy hugs!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2004, 08:48 AM

Hi Maria and Adrie,

I am so happy for the good reports. You are right Adrie, love will see you through. You will get through this.

Like the others said Maria, get lots of rest and let your wonderful husband take care of you. You deserve to be taken care of. Your courage is so inspiring. As always you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon
Unread 02-18-2004, 09:43 AM
You go Girl

Trust in him with all your heart, and he will deliver !!! Thank you for the updates. Rest my sister and recover well. ALoha ELlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Have faith

Dear Maria:

You are in everyone of our prayers. The lord has big projects for you, so you hang in there and have faith. You are not alone. Even though we're thousands of miles away our minds and souls are with you and your loved ones. Although you may not see him God is right there by your bedside comforting you. Evryday will be a new and better one for you.

God bless you.

THE POWER OF UNITED PRAYER

"I say to you further, that if two of you shall agree on earth about anything at all for which they ask, it shall be done for them by my father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together for my sake, there am I in the midst of them" Amen
Unread 02-18-2004, 12:34 PM

Dear Maria,

I am so happy to hear that you're awake and able to give yourself almost as much morphine as you'd like! :-) Hospitals are no fun, but cancer is less fun, so let's hope that this nasty bugger is gone for once and for all! We've all been praying for you, and from what Adrie says, it appears that you've come through this all with flying colors. I'm so encouraged by his "we will get through this with a lot of love" note. As a single (but optimistic!) person, stuff like this really gives me hope.

Be happy that you have love, and be happy with each day of your life -- which I of course hope will be long and happy and full of bright orange when that one football/soccer tournament happens! (Can you tell that I visited The Netherlands during the World Cup or whatever it was?) :-)

Be strong, take care, and don't let those nurses push you around or make you drink "imitation fruit punch drink," which is a specialty of my hospital. Yuck!

Much love to you, and many s!
Unread 02-18-2004, 11:27 PM
REPORT FROM WEDNESDAY -

Dear Sisters - here is the latest update for Feb 18th. It arrived after my bedtime, so I'm posting this morning!

Adrie wrote:

Dear Cheryl (and Sisters),

I am so glad you post the updates on the message board as well as sending us the different postings (and Maria indirect too). It is great you doing this for us. I just have to thank you.
-This is my way of making you feel as uncomfortable as I am. Mentioning me all the time. Don't make me too shy or scare me off LOL.

Love from Maria to all of you. Your support is still needed.
Today started different. Maria called me -yes, herself !!!- at the office just after noon. Of course her voice did not sound very well because of having a dry mouth and the irritation after having a tube in there until yesterday morning. But also was she very worried about what the doctor had said to her. The stoma is not quite well responding.
So I went over to the hospital and after seeing the docrot (typed last word wrong, meaning ?) in the afternoon I understood.
It seems that in the last 2 cm (1") of the stoma the bloodflow is not strong enough at the moment. Maybe it is only at the surface and it will recover. That's what we hope. Or they have to do a new surgery to extend the colon. That's what we don't like.
Has anyone out there experienced or heard of this problem? Please let me know.
Anyway, I think Maria is doing quite fine overall. She had a lot of headache, probably hungry. But she uses the morfine button when necessary. Her sight is slightly better, so I did read your messages and wishes to her. Maria likes them a lot, go on please.
Further did she sleep a lot or was half wake. The neccessary rest Maria needs.
Know what ? I asked Maria if she likes the food in the hospital better now in fluid then on a plate. Yes, It made her smile. You all will understand.
Some more that tells me maria is recovering is the following. She wants more attention and is more demanding and activ as far as you can already speak of that. Her own will is coming back, which is a good thing to my opinion.
Tomorrow she is going to be helped out of bed and I back in, too. What I should do too, soon. Or it will be tomorrow already.

Next show tomorrow,

Be blessed,
Adrie

So, as you can see Maria is making progress, but needs some support on the stoma worries - does anybody have anything to offer??
And for Adrie- is there anything other than the typical DH stuff he needs to know?

I'll check in later for your replies!
Unread 02-19-2004, 07:57 AM

First thing - Thank you Cheryl for keeping us posted. I would hate not knowing how Maria is doing.

Marie,

I am so glad to hear that you are getting your spirit back. You must be doing better. I wish I had some info on the stoma - I don't. Hopefully someone will pretty soon. I just want to tell you again that I am thinking about you and your complete recovery from surgery and cancer. Take care and keep up the good work.

Sharon
Unread 02-19-2004, 08:06 AM

Thanks Cheryl and Adrie for the updates on Maria!!

Maria, hope you are feeling better as I type this. I am continuing my prayers for you (and Adrie, too!) May God bless you with strength and courage to get through this. I don't know anything about the stoma either, but I hope and pray it all corrects itself and that you do not require more surgery. Keep fighting and praying , God will see you through!!!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 02-19-2004, 08:12 AM
Aloha Maria

When you first posted you asked for prayer so I am going to do some of my favorites for you. I pray for the best with the stoma even if you need to go back for sugery they know what is going on and that is good too, so here is you saying for today.

Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell the storm how big your God is !

Have a better day today, Love and ALoha my sister Ellie
Unread 02-19-2004, 08:23 AM

Dear Maria, I have been away from a computer for awhile and just read your pre-op letter and the updates your husband has provided us. I know your faith will help you through these difficult times. It also is clear that God blessed you in bringing Adrie into your life including to help you through your operation and recuperation. You are and will remain in my prayers and those of other "sisters;" many of us also wish we could be there to hold your hand, give you a hug, talk with you...
Please take you pain meds on a regular basis, they are needed to keep you rested which helps with/speeds recovery. One of the best pieces of advice I got from a doctor was to take pain meds just before it starts hurting since this allows one to continue resting. I also am praying that the problems with part of the stoma will correct itself soon and know that you have been through so much that you will get through this too.
Adrie mentions that you are now more alert and yourself so please make sure the hospital staff is treating your right and giving you the attention you need. You know the expression: "the squeaky wheel gets the oil." Overworked hospital staff can be notorious for letting quiet, undemanding patients just be while running to the complainers. It's natural, so please seek attention if and when you need it.
For Adrie, Thank you Adrie for being such a wonderful husband to Maria including sending regular up dates to her "sisters." When she is ready please give Maria a big hug from me. Take care of yourself too; you need to eat right, get good rest, etc. to continue to be strong for Maria.
May God bless both of you and may you feel His loving presence with you. Love and hugs, Peggiesue
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register