vaginal hysterectomy ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal hysterectomy ! vaginal hysterectomy !

Unread 02-19-2004, 09:17 AM
vaginal hysterectomy !

hi
i am due to have a vh on the 7th of april 04 after a buchtered dnc 3 yrs ago .i dont know any-one who has had vh , and want to know the real pros and cons of this type of surgery.i would be grateful to hear from any-one who has had a vh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2004, 09:45 AM
I had a VH

I think a VH is the way to go-if you can. It was no problem for me. I was cleared yesterday at my 6 week check up. The only problem I have had in the whole thing is I was allergic to one of the meds and developed diarreha which gave me 2 fissures which have been very painful. Other than that, easier than having a baby.
Unread 02-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Re: vaginal hysterectomy !

Hi ju YESSSSSSSSSSS I couldn't agree more with Mary F...a Vaginal Hystrectomy is way far more easier then giving birth!!!! The hardest part for me was the waiting before my surgery and I'am sure by now your sick and tired of hearing that but it is really the truth. I also had a D&C in 1986 and it was 10 times more painful to me then my TVH!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2004, 12:15 PM
vaginal is better????

i having vaginal on apirl 6th hope get better stop all the pian dirr every month i bloat so bad then cramps with both drri and period thing , i just want my life back on my engery back . i cant gian wieght because as soon asi get over then start all over . little worried about homore thing but y not right any way i get itching right before period then dry too so dont thing thier working any way . need to know if vag is easier
Unread 02-19-2004, 01:28 PM
having a baby ?

thanks for getting back to me. but in what sense do you mean its not any worse than having ababy!my worry is they cant see what they are doing.as i also have pcs,i have bleeding issuse's and as one of jehovah's witnesses i dont want to risk a big bleed.
Unread 02-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Vag Hyst

I mean I felt no pain down there and only a little cramping the 1st couple of days. I had very little bleeding if any. When you have a baby, you feel sore down there etc. I did not have any pain in the vag area. Put it to you this way, I had my surgery on a Wednesday, went home on Thursday and was off pain meds by Sat and driving on Monday.
Unread 02-20-2004, 01:01 AM
vaginal hysterectomy !

i'm not going into detail about my situation because of just that---its me, not anyone else....i will tell you, though, you need to ask your dr,and tell him to be totally honest, to explain to you any and all things that could possibly go wrong both during and after a TVH....just because its an easily performed surgery with a quicker recovery time, doesnt mean its not risk free....so ask your dr, his nurses, medical professionals at your insurance company, hospital staff, anyone who has a medical degree, about their experiences with this procedure...then make your decision as to whether its right for you or not.
Unread 02-20-2004, 08:26 AM
vaginal hysterectomy !

I, too, had a tvh 6 weeks ago and my recovery was pretty uneventful. My dr also did repair work and had no trouble seeing what he was doing. This is what they're trained to do.

It's understandable to be scared...we all were. If you have concerns, just call your dr's office and speak with someone there. I called mine several times with questions. While they deal with these issues daily, it's very personal when it comes to something happening to us. I wanted to know everything that was going to happen.

Be sure and read, read, read all you can about this surgery. This site is great for that.

Sending you a big
Blessings,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register