Endocervical adenocarcenoma | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endocervical adenocarcenoma Endocervical adenocarcenoma

Unread 02-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Endocervical adenocarcenoma

Hello sisters-

I'm new to this site- just found it this week in fact -
It's wonderful to see so many women respond to questions and concerns (and fears!) with support and encouragement- I signed up for membership right away! I've read a lot of posts that have calmed my fears about a few things and also have found new questions to ask my dr.s'.

I was diagnosed with micro-invasive endocervical adenocarcenoma, stage 1A2, grade 2 in Jan. '04.
I have had normal paps up until dec. '03 when my gyn found AGUS abnormal cells. I had a colposcopy and biopsy done 1/16 and all tests came back positive for cancer. On 2/2 I had a cone biopsy done and it was confirmed that the cancer is micro-invasive. My gyn has scheduled me for a radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymph node dissection in March (date to be determined). He says that the tumor is invasive and very agressive and there is no other option. All the research I've done and questions I've asked have all come to the same conclusion- radical hyst. The most devastating thing about this is that at that dec. pap appt, I announced to my gyn that my husband and I were ready to start having children. I've been married for three years and just turned 26 last november. I've never had any problems and to be told I have cancer (not even pre-cancer, but cancer already in an advanced stage) was heartbreaking to myself and my DH. My gyn was also shocked and had tears in his eyes when he told me. My gyn has stood by my side since then, and promises to see me through- I'm so lucky to have him!!!
My DH says he doesn't care if we ever have kids (I've been told I can keep my ovaries, so a surrogate mother is an option) he just wants to keep me in his life. He's been wonderful so far and has attended all the DR appointments with me. I'm very lucky to have such a supporting and loving husband!

My next step is to meet with the gyn/onc who will hopefully be doing my surgery (we're working with the insurance company on that). I have a pre-op appointment with him 2/27. I'm wondering if there are any specific questions that I should ask him. I do have a running list of questions I will be bringing with me, but wonder if there's anything important that I should not forget to ask.

I would appreciate any responses-
Thanks,
Chantale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2004, 04:48 PM

Hi,
I had stage 1A cervical adenocarcinoma and had a TVH a little over 2 years ago. Everything has been normal since then. We are now looking into surrogacy ourselves. I do have 2 children but really want more.

The good thing is that your prognosis is excellent. I would ask if a cone is possible. Stage 1a is sometimes treated that way to preserve fertility -but there is a risk that they don't get it all.
Unread 02-24-2004, 07:28 AM

Hi Denise-
Glad to hear that you are doing fine now- it's great that you had kids before the TVH- I was hoping to have my own kids, but that likely will not be the case. I did have the cone done, but they didn't get it all - that's why my DR suggested the radical hyst. I have an appt this friday to talk to a gynecologic oncologist- so we'll see what he has to say. Thanks for responding and good luck with finding a surrogate!
Chantale

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register