im very scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

im very scared im very scared

Unread 02-19-2004, 01:15 PM
im very scared

last week i had to go to the hopital because my peroiods was to close together and i was bleeding abnormaly . they took blood work out of my arm one was a cancer blood work, the other blood work came out ok they did a altrasound and found a spot on my left overie and a mass in my lower stomache im in no pain and i am not sick they prepared me for the worse and told me that i had a 50/50 chance that it may be cancer there doing exploreitory sugury next wensday at 12:00 pm its going to be a long surgury 8 hours or so. i have to take time off of work they laid me off i probebley wont be able for disablity at my job because when i first got the job personal said i didnt feel out the paper work but i gave she gave me the paper work to give to my obgyn to feel out and fax back to her, personal also told me about unemploymant but i will be laid off for about 6 weeks unemployamnt said that i need to be able to work for the weekending i will be laid up for a while and it will be hard to look for work every week untill i get strong again. Is anyone out there know of any disablity that i can get till i get back on my feet again???my health insurance will run out soon and i need funds to take care of myself thankyou
Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2004, 01:48 PM
im very scared

Brenda, I don't know that I can help with any specific details. I can let you know, however, that you're in our thoughts and prayers throughout your upcoming surgery.

I'm sure there are people who can help you with details and hopefully, answer all your questions. If you were laid off from work aren't you eligible for Cobra coverage? It costs more, of course, but it's better than no insurance. In fact, that is a suggestion: Write down all your questions for your doctors, personnel department etc.
Unread 02-19-2004, 02:41 PM
im very scared

Hi Brenda.

Is you doctor an oncologist/gynocologist??? If not, before you go into exploratory surgery, i would seek a second opinion from one. They are the experts in this field and will set you onto the right track.

Keep in touch.

Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2004, 05:08 PM
im very scared

Hi Brenda,
I know this must be a very scary time for you, and it looks like you have a lot on your plate. We have all been through it, totally understand, and can offer support. Do I understand correctly that you were laid off work when they found out you had to have surgery? Is that legal?

Let your doctor know about your financial problems, and also the hospital. Usually something can be worked out. I believe the state of Oregon offers some kind of health care assistance, and their office is there in Portland. You can also call the American Cancer Society and tell them your situation. They should have a list of resources in your community to contact for help.

Another thought is to call your utility company and find out if they have a program that helps low income residents pay for gas and electricity. Most of them do. It is one less bill you'd have to worry about.

Finally, follow Rosalie's advice and be sure your doctor is a gynecological oncologist! It is important that you get the care of an expert.

If anything else comes to mind, I'll let you know. In the meantime, hang in there, we'll help you through.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register