my doctor broke my heart - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

my doctor broke my heart my doctor broke my heart

Unread 02-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Just Awful

We are all incensed that this is happening to you and that you are not getting the support, medical intervention and pain relief to which all of us are entitled as our basic rights (life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness ... in America).

What is working against you is that most addicts are in denial about their addiction(s). Its no win for you right now with the current perceptions of your DH and Doc.

What's a gal to do? You need to keep a factual [non emotional] journal about your pain, how it was treated, what helped, what made it worse, etc. Log dosage and medicine name every time you take it, including over the counter medicine.

NOTE: I am not a doctor. I am not an attorney. I am not giving you qualified "advice" - this is just sisterly concern.

I hope that on the other side of the surgery, you find pain relief (physical and emotional). Sounds like the wait is almost over ... hurry up, Friday!

Until then, gentle, healing s and ers, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Michelle35

Thanks for the advice... I will begin to keep a log... I wanted to ask you did you have your lap/ adhesion removal because of pain? If so did if relieve the pain? I am having mine due to pain and a 6x10 mass on my left ovary they are taking them to... just hoping for relief.
Thanks again
Jenifer
Unread 02-23-2004, 03:04 PM
my doctor broke my heart

Yes, I was in pain for a few days, every three weeks. Darvocet worked just fine for me and usually just one. So, I was lucky to have a pain med that WORKED for me. I know that's a blessing.

I feel much better after having the adhesions removed. I am having some aches and pains, but rarely does it require more than a couple of naproxen and sitting still with a heating pad for awhile. I notice that when I get cold my muscles tend to tense up and that will set off some problems. Also mine is tension/stress related as that seems to alter my perception of the discomfort. I feel the pain worse when I am upset.

I have kept a log of the pain since last April and the stuff going on and sometimes its what it takes to get it clear in your mind.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Re: Iam trying

Quote:
Originally posted by dabearzzz
DH said that a trip to the ER was not warranted and that the drs. would take care of the other problem when I saw them on Tuesday...
I'm sorry, but that statement would've really sent me thru the roof! How can he possibly know how severe your pain is or is not?? I would not let someone else decide how bad my pain is. Only YOU can know how bad your pain is.

Quote:
I haven't seen him face to face yet have not even spoke with him personally only his nurses
You haven't met the doc yet??? Or spoken with him???

I will say some ers that everything works out for the best for you. Be sure and tell the doc when you do get to talk with him about the blood in your stools. I think that is something he really needs to know.

Unread 02-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Kim

Dear Kim,
I have met the dr once two days after my first lap... He wanted to give me two weeks to heal before doing another surgery then m papers got lost in his office they didn't schedule my blood work you name it. Now I have never spoken to him since it has been a month. I have only spoken to his nurses it makes me really nervous. I don't know this man who is going to cut me open.... I will see him tomorrow for my pre-op. I have a list of questions I may make him so mad he might decide not to do the surgery... I hope not because I am in so much pain but if I am not comfortable with him then oh well I will just suffer until I find a dr I can trust. My boyzzz are worth that... My dh means well he doesn't trust the er. Last time we went they sent me home with a 104 temp and a terrible headache, neckache and backache... Come to find out when my girlfriend brought me an hour and a half to another hosp. I had spinal menigitis and they had to get my dh off the sub immediatly(very dangerous).... I spent 7 days in the hospital not knowing if i would make it... He is a little leary of er's...
I will let you know how tomorrow goes.
In love and light
Unread 02-23-2004, 06:25 PM
my doctor broke my heart

I know how you feel. I am going to the doctor on Wed. hopefully to schedule a hysterectomy. I had to stop the lupron due to adverse reactions so when the cramps and pain came back I had to call and ask for a pain med and they also told me no not until they see me on Wed. Well that was last Wed and I was angry because i understand he wants to see me however it's not my fault he couldn't get me in for a week. Nothing seems to help anyway it just takes the edge off. I wish you the best of luck with your pain and with your surgery.
devonrae

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register