2 by 4 across the head - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 by 4 across the head 2 by 4 across the head

Unread 02-20-2004, 04:21 PM
2 by 4 across the head

Yes Forgen,

I am with the other sisters, Keep on fighting. The Lord isn't finished with you yet. Hang in there. I will continue to pray for you and pray that the Lord sends his angels to you to comfort you. The great physician is at work !

s

Shelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2004, 05:08 PM
2 by 4 across the head

I am so sorry to hear of your bad news..........please, please, please, don't give up. I know of so many cases where doctors have given up on people, and yet they go on to lead long and productive lives--longer, in some cases, than their doctor's. Miracles are waiting to happen, and I hope that one comes to visit you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 02-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Sorry to Read Your Post

Oh how I hope that you are in that small group that fits so you can look at a cure. Someone has to be in that group--why not you? Keep on fighting...sending but and encouragement your way. I hope you can be that indivifual...may those lymph nodes be negative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2004, 06:39 PM
2 by 4 across the head

Forgen
sorry you didn't get better news. Please don't give up fighting.
Is your doc a ONC/GYN? Hope those lymph nodes are benign.
Sending you love and prayers.
Andrea
Unread 02-20-2004, 06:39 PM
2 by 4 across the head

I am so sorry to learn of your recent report. Please do not even think of giving up but be determined to find out all you can to strengthen your immune system. I believe that the article Moonflower was speaking of was written by DR. Dwayne Townsend in his book A Mavrick of Medicine Speaks to Women. It is the most informative book I have ever read about female cancers and has changed my approach to my recovery. You can find his book on Amazon. I was even able to e mail him and answered my question within a day.
Please read his book. I will give you a feeling of power over this horrid disease.
Jean
Unread 02-20-2004, 09:23 PM
2 by 4 across the head

Hi Forgen,

Oh, horrible news indeed. I guess you did feel as if you had been hit by a 2x4.

I'm so sorry you had such bad news. I have to echo what the other sister's have said; do NOT give up! These gal's here are very wise and filled with determination. [As I'm sure you have found out] Lean toward their wisdom and fight.

I know you are going thru so many emotions right now, I understand, everyone here does.
I'll be praying for you along with the others, that you hear B-9!

s

Debbie [withope]
Unread 02-21-2004, 02:51 AM
2 by 4 across the head

Forgen, I'm sorry to hear your news. Please keep fighting. I'm thinking of you and praying for you.
Unread 02-21-2004, 04:56 AM
2 by 4 across the head

Hi, Forgen--

Sorry your news was not better, but I would strongly suggest that you get a second opinion by another highly-experienced, board-certified gynecologic oncologist.

Regarding the lymph nodes, when I was on the operating table, my gyn-onc described some of my lymph nodes as "palpably enlarged." His operative report states that other nodes were also enlarged. If he were a betting man, he would have put money on the fact that my tumor had invaded those lymph nodes. However, the pathologist (and a second one I had reevaluate everything after him) determined that the tumor had NOT invaded the nodes.

I would suspect that the PET scan is not foolproof, and probably no more reliable than my gyn-onc's assessment of the status of my nodes. Just remember, it ain't over till the fat lady sings! I too have read many a story where a pretty grim initial prognosis ultimately turns into a wonderful cancer survival success story. No reason I can think of why you couldn't, wouldn't or shouldn't be one of them!!

Good luck and be well,

MoeKay
Unread 02-21-2004, 08:04 AM
2 by 4 across the head

Forgen,
As Moe Kay suggested, PET Scans are not full proof. They seldom have false negatives, but often have false positives, They will light up where ever there is any metabolic activity and inflammatiom causes metabolic activity. I have had 3 PET Scans and the first one lit up like a christmas tree, but since last June, the only area that lights up is where the colostomy was reconnected, because i am having problems there and the area is inflamed, from the treatments I am having. Try an internet search on inflammation abd PEt scans and it will explain it better.
Unread 02-21-2004, 09:51 AM
I must agree witht he rest

Of the sisters here. DON"T GIVE IN FIGHT IT. I will be praying for you there are miracles in life. There is faith and hope and don't give up anything.

Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell the storm how big your God is !
Aloha Ellie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register