2 by 4 across the head - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 by 4 across the head 2 by 4 across the head

Unread 02-23-2004, 03:37 AM
2 by 4 across the head

to you and your family from across the ocean.

Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2004, 04:48 AM
2 by 4 across the head

Hi Forgen,

Its obvious you have a huge extended family here rooting for you.
I have seen love and a positive or at least strong willed attitude get people through some harrowing times. My mother had uterine cancer when I was 10. She was told she would not have long to live... she died 35 years later. She did undergo extensive chemo at the time but even tho I could see fear in her eyes, she never (at least in the prescence of her kids) faltered in stating she would fight with all her heart to stay with her kids. She could be full of "Honkerblonk and vinegar" (as the saying goes ) at times, but she used this to pull her through at a time when medical science knew less than they know now about how to fight cancer.
I am scared too right now - for even less reason (I go in for a biopsy soon). I feel comfortable here to let my fears show. But to my family I put on a strong front. And when in the past I have been confronted by the specter of death (its happened a couple of other times and not due to cancer) - I told myself over and over that I would get through this.
We love you - please take care and always let us see you through your fears - the ladies here are wonderful and will hold your hands - even if you cannot see them.
I hope my rant makes some sense
d
Unread 02-24-2004, 06:23 AM
2 by 4 across the head

Dear Forgen
You have been so much on my mind since you posted and I have been thinking of you so much. I haven't written as I haven't known what to say to you - your wonderful sisters have said it all. I worry that you might be reeling so much from all this that the thought of the fight much spoken of seems beyond reach at the moment. But you know maybe you just need someone to help fight for you. All your sisters are right, second opinions, another oncologist might be an answer. Last week I heard of a friend of a friend who was given the worst diagnosis in December by the time he went to the doc he had cancer everywhere and they said it was beyond chemo, radiation and surgery and didn't offer anything but a very little time. He went to another doc, had chemo and radiation, the tumours have shrunk enough now for him to have surgery and he is feeling on top of the world. So perhaps when you have had time to draw breath maybe this is something that could be a good idea? You are very much on my mind and this comes with much love from Debs xxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2004, 06:15 PM
To my sisters

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I have never felt so much love.

I have read every single response to my post and my heart is full.

You are all the most wonderful women I have never personally met, but feel like I know all of you.

I have not given up, so don't worry I am not throwing in the towel just yet. I have another doc appt on Thursday and this is with my entire family, it will give them a chance to ask questions as well.

I don't know the results of my tests and scans so all I can do is pray that things go my way.

Again, I want to thank everyone for caring, for praying and for being there for me when I needed it most.

I love you all.
Unread 02-25-2004, 05:16 PM
2 by 4 across the head

Hi,
I just wanted to add a as well. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this.
Unread 02-25-2004, 07:58 PM
2 by 4 across the head

Hi Forgen,

I am glad you are not giving up. We are behind you 100% in your fight against this disease. Let us know how your appointment goes and what you find out.

Take Care,
Sharon
Unread 02-26-2004, 08:50 AM
2 by 4 across the head

Forgen,

I just wanted to let you know I was still ing for you. I know that God has sent his precious angels to watch over you.

s

Blessings
Shelly
Unread 02-26-2004, 11:14 AM
2 by 4 across the head

Dear Forgen,
I am also one that has not replied to your post because of not knowing what to say. I just wish you all the best and remember there is only one being that knows the outcome and he is not here on earth with us. Please keep fighting and praying.
Bertha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register