rectocele pain- 3 weeks out - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

rectocele pain- 3 weeks out rectocele pain- 3 weeks out

Unread 02-24-2004, 07:16 AM
rectocele pain- 3 weeks out

user 55
The way you described your pain is the EXACT same thing that I have. It stops me dead in my walk and I sometimes feel like I could pass out. One night I had it so bad the only comfort was pulling my knees up to my chest for some relief. I had LAVH on 2/12/ 04. O go to Dr. Thursday. I have not taken any of the pain meds as I felt I didn't need them. Only Advil.
Thanks
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 08:28 AM

Hi,

I too have the same symptoms as you. I am living in agony. I am so disgusted. I am still trying to find out the source of my pain. Found out I have interstital cystis, but besides that I still have this pain and burning in my butt on the left side, at times it causes the muscles in my butt to tense up and is extremely painful to sit. I used to get relief by lying down, and now it hurts alot of the times then. I had a prolapsed uterus on my rectum and a grapefruit sized tumor pressing on the rectum. No repairs were made, or mentioned. I go to the bathroom fine. My surgery was in Oct. 2003. I am so frustrated and at the end of my rope. I live in pain constantly. The baths are great and like you said, when you get out it starts all over again. Can I ask you what kind of meds you are taking for pain? You mention a muscle relaxer, maybe I could ask my dr about it. I also thought this could be a rectocle, but the drs keep telling me they dont see one, but I understand they can be hard to see, is this true? I wonder why these drs act like we are crazy, I see I am not the only one with these symptoms, write back when you can.I have been to neurologist, urologists, and my family dr. not to mention many visits the to the gynecologist. Nobody seems to want to tell me what they think this is, and I am suffering so badly, and new to the area, so I am alone alot. Please can anyone help me?
Unread 02-25-2004, 01:42 PM

Mdkohio-
I am taking Robaxin for muscle relaxing. If I were you, I would print out all these posts and take them to the doctor to show what the pain is like and that there are others who have similar pain. I don't know about its being hard to see a rectocele. I think the symptoms of a rectocele are common and easy to spot; I have no idea how hard it is to see one by looking in the vagina.

As far as the muscle relaxer helping, once I started on them, I had a pretty immediate release and now for the last two days I have only taken one at night. I may not take one tonight. I think it has given my body a chance to remember that it doesn't have to be in spasm. But those are my results and my symptoms and you may have something else entirely.

I certainly would keep trying other doctors and researching as well as I could until this is dealt with, though, there is no way I was ready to live in that much pain.

I really hope you can get the help you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 05:47 PM
pain

Hi

I'm sorry to hear about your suffering. If it's recto spasms you're having they are excruciating and when I have them they last for an hour if that and then it goes away. The gastroenterologist says this is the worst pain someone could go through.
There are pills you can put under your tongue and it dissolves but I don't remember what they're called. I haven't had a bad one for a couple of years. Knock on wood. However, just the other day, I felt one coming but it went away before it reached a peak. When you reach a peak with this you can pass out literally.

Now another question would be do you have hemorrhoids? I have those too and I definitely cannot strain or they hurt me all day long even if I take tylenols extra strength. I sometimes get goose bumps on my arms from the pain. I take anusol without hc, morning and night and I'm treating as we speak because I had a bout with them 3 days ago and I definetely don't want another bout. So I'm eating lots of fiber and drinking lots of water and taking Colace and 2 senekots at bedtime. You should call your doctor and have those checked in case it something else. I hope you get to the bottom of this soon so you can get relief.

take care
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:14 PM

I hope this is my final post...I was able to sleep last night with no medication so I have been off the muscle relaxer for 2 days now. The old familiar constant pressure on my rectum is back and it's really a drag (I keep wanting to say "pain in the ***") but I know last weekend I would have traded anything to have the pressure instead of all that horrible pain.

Thanks for all the replies and sharing of common problems. This site is really a godsend.
Unread 03-06-2004, 02:21 PM

Well, it's March 6th and I am sad to say that I screwed up by going off the medication too soon. Three days after my last post all the symptoms came back. My doctor now has me on the muscle relaxers for at least another two weeks, tapering off the amount until I am done.
Unread 03-06-2004, 02:43 PM

So you guys are having pains around your rectum? I am not constipated but have terrible gas pains. It just hurts in my stomach but it has me doubled over in pain. Of course it is hard to actually have a bm but I do have them several times a day (used to be once a day). When it hits my stomach starts rolling and I get weak. I had my TAH on the 18 and this has just started in the past few days. I had stage 4 endo that had moved my colon where it wasn't supposed to be so they did alot of work on it, so is this normal for someone that had colon work done during a TAH? I just don't know if there is something I can take to help, the hospital said MOM but that makes my stomach roll even more..
Unread 03-06-2004, 03:39 PM
surgery pain -3 weeks

I had my surgery on feb 17 th, I have been having very bad pain moving my bowels, Sharp piercing pains and after hardly able to walk . The office called on Friday , was told to take Colase non stop untill 6 wks was up and healed. Felt some relief today. Also heard to eat walnuts for a snack, on a salad or in ceral . so far so good.Still very tired, family doesn't understand why? Of course their men!!!
Unread 03-07-2004, 01:28 PM

I finally went back to my doctor. The pain in my rectum/peri area was so bad that I could barely walk...felt like there was literally a 50-pound pipe wedged between my rectum and vaginal wall that was banging on my tail bone. AND, I was out of Lortab for the pain.

Doctor spent 15 minutes explaining that it might be a nerve damaged during the sacro-spinal ligament fixation procedure, and that it would require MRIs and another procedure to correct. So just as I was starting to panic, he said, "Or it could just be swelling."

He gave me a two-week supply of Celebrex for inflammation. And no other pain medication. I was skeptical...to say the least! However, ladies, I believe Celebrex is, in fact, a miracle drug. Within 4 hours of taking my first capsule, I could walk and sit on the toilet with very little pain. The heaviness is gone, the tail bone is better (still bruised-feeling, but only when I actually touch it). BMs are still uncomfortable, but at least I don't have to knock myself out with narcotics afterward because of the pain.

So, Celebrex...who knew? And as a bonus...my shin splints, tricky hip, TMJ and carpal tunnels are all better too! Amazing.

-Jamie
Unread 03-08-2004, 03:24 AM

Hello Ladies,
I am also experiencing sharp pains in my rectum that do hurt sometimes. They dont hurt bad enough to where I cant handle it though. It can be painful sometimes but more annoying than anything.I also had cystocele rectocele repair so I figured it was from that. I told my DH the other day when it started(sorry for being so graphic)that I was having pains in my butt,and he said in your butt,what you mean,so finally told him it was sharp pains in my butt hole.....he looked at me like i was crazy and laughed....we both did.....mine may be a laughing matter but sounds like the rest of you guys probs arent, but they do get really sharp and hurt at certain points of the day but thankfully only last for a couple of seconds.But at least if they do get real bad I know what to do and ask the dr to give me a muscle relaxer. I go to the dr tomorrow to get my catheter out after having it over 2 weeks cause I wasnt able to pee on my own last time they took it out so I will ask the dr what she thinks my sharp pains in the rear are.Right when we all start feeling somewhat better another problem arises........at least that is how it is with me. Right now I am suffering with having a catheter, all the stitches on my bottom from A&P Repairs,episiotomy,
pains in my rectum, severe constipation, and nausea.........so I keep praying to GOD not to put anything else on my plate........I know how you ladies feel, it is a miserable process to recover from this but hopefully in a couple of weeks we all be better...........I wish the best to all of you........................sorry for this being so long................Take care.........Glory

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register