it's a cyst it's a cyst it's a cyst cyst cyst!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

it's a cyst it's a cyst it's a cyst cyst cyst!! it's a cyst it's a cyst it's a cyst cyst cyst!!

Unread 02-23-2004, 02:11 PM
it's a cyst it's a cyst it's a cyst cyst cyst!!

Sorry feeling a little goofy today!!!

Found out last week I have a 2.5 cm hemorraghic cyst on my left ovary. I searched it and didn't find out much info tho here. Google'd and found out the basics but am wondering.... when this puppy burts is it going to hurt?? Bad enough twice a month I am down for 2 days each!! Ovulation and period...... Loverly..... anybosy have some ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2004, 02:25 PM

The joys of a cyst. I remember asking the ultasound tech if I can have the picture of my cyst and she thought I was crazy! I was like "all the women with babies get their pictures, how come I can't have my cyst picture??" She wouldn't give it to me!

Anyway......I never had one burst so I can't answer that for you. I have had them though and can I say "ow". This website may have some info for you, check it out if you have time:
http://www.wdxcyber.com

Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 02-25-2004, 11:37 AM

So I was supposed to start b/c to help control the cyst.... has anybody else been given this advice???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 12:32 PM

HI there ladies!!

I have had several cysts on my right ovary and yes I have been told by the doctor that being on birth control can help. I have also had two of the cysts burst, the first was the size of a lemon and when it did burst, I thought my appendix was bursting, my DH took me to the emergency room and found out it was a cyst, not my appendix. It hurt so bad that I was curled up in a ball on the floor. So yes, it can hurt and it can hurt very bad, also birth control may help.

Good luck to you.
Unread 02-26-2004, 02:18 PM

Apart from b/c is there anything else I can do or try to alleviate the pain twice a month??
Unread 03-30-2004, 10:26 AM

Ah life is grand.. Aunt Flo came and went and no cyst pain or swelly belly... thinking maybe it has resolved itself? Maybe when I had the stomach flu and was otherwise occupied??
Unread 03-30-2004, 11:36 AM

OK, a question about cyst pain. My DR found a huge (grapefruit size) cyst on my right ovary during an ultrasound to determine cause of a sudden onset of heavy prolonged bleeding (two months - ugh!) Neither of us was aware that the cyst was there, and yet I read in posts about pain from cysts. So, what kind of pain, and where was it located? I noticed after the ultrasound that I suddenly had some pain (not bad, but constant for about a week) in my lower abdomen on the right side. Was it there all along, and I just never put two & two together? Or is it psychosomatic ~ now that I had a diagnosis and know that there is something there that shouldn’t be?
Unread 03-30-2004, 12:41 PM

Heavenly Jen,

I had a cyst rupture last month and it was extremely painful. I have had two others over the last 6-12 months burst. I have a cyst on my left ovary this month, but so far it has not burst. I started bcps 4 months ago to slow clots and bleeding and I have still gotten cysts. I cringe every month wondering if "this is it again" I am glad yours did not burst, but at least you will know what it is if it does.

Jaime-
Unread 04-01-2004, 07:31 PM

Heavenly Jan,
I had a cyst rupture many years ago in my early 20's. I had been on BC pills for about 4 years straight at that time. I did not even know I had a cyst, until it ruptured....and yes, it hurt something awful!!!

I also thought my appendix was the problem until an ultrasound was done. All I know is it hurt just to turn my head from center to the side. Could not even put my own legs up on the bed or in the car. All that was left after was just for the fluid to re-absorb into my system. As it did that, the pain got less and less.

Is the only treatment for this BC pills? Seems like there ought to be more options for this seemingly common problem. Just a thought, but I haven't done any research either.

Good luck to you, keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register