Went to Docs need support got bad news?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Went to Docs  need support got bad news?? Went to Docs need support got bad news??

Unread 02-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Went to Docs need support got bad news??

I went to regular doc today for the bleeding I have been experiencing. I got some news that has scared me quite a bit. I got a general diganosis of you have a bleeding lesion and need to see GYN immediatly. He couldnt answer me beyond that, but told me the comfort zone I thought I was in was not 100%. I thought after a total hyst I would not have to worry about cancer. Appartently thats not true. You can still get Vaginal cancer. I was shocked!!!! Someone please help me understand why I went through all this radical surgery to still face a possible cancer scare! I am enraged scared and want to crawl into a hole of denial. Has anyone else here faced this at all. Please let me know I need to connect with someone who can understand my fears. My doc says I need to be seen in at the most one week time frame. I need support!

Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2004, 06:42 PM

i can't give advice but i just wanted to let you know i am thinking of you and hope you get a good report.
Unread 02-23-2004, 07:17 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this. The hysterectomy took away the possibility of uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, and cervical cancer (if all of these were removed). Since you still have a vagina, vaginal cancer is still a possibility. I hope that your test results are good so that this will not be a worry.

You are in my thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2004, 07:22 PM

Angela, I hope you can get in and see your doctor as soon as possible.

You are in my thoughts. Please post again and let us know what is going on with you after you see your doctor. Thinking of you,
Unread 02-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Hugs to you

I hope all goes well, and please know I'm sending prayers above for you...
Unread 02-23-2004, 09:55 PM

Dear Angela,

I hope all goes well for you. You will be in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Lucy
Unread 02-24-2004, 04:08 AM
Thank you

Thank you all for your well wishes. I am still scared, but I am going to go to work today let the VP know I have to see doc today. If they fire me so be it, this is more important. I will call doc and see him today. I had so much pain last night. I am hopping he will indicate no need for worry. I will follow up with you all later today. Again thank you!
Unread 02-24-2004, 08:46 AM

Hi Poetic,

I answered you in the Cancer Concerns, but wanted to give you a thumbs up here too. Let us know what happens.

Take Care,
Sharon
Unread 03-01-2004, 10:45 PM

Quote:
The hysterectomy took away the possibility of uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, and cervical cancer (if all of these were removed).
'Fraid not

(((Angela))) I'm so sorry that you were apparently led to believe that having a hysterectomy and BSO would eliminate the possibility of all gyn cancers... it makes them much less likely but it is still possible to get them.

While it's true that having those organs removed greatly reduces the likelihood of those cancers, it does not completely eliminate the possibility. There is always a small possibility that cells can be left behind, especially when ovaries are removed. Ovaries are glandular tissue and sometimes it's hard to see where they end and the surrounding tissue begins.

All it takes is a few cells to be left behind, and glandular tissue can re-grow... this is true not just of ovaries but of other glands in the body. I found it out first hand when I had my adenoids removed. There are several women in this forum who can attest to it because they have ORS, or Ovarian Remnant Syndrome. Those glands can grow back, and yes, they can still get cancer.

Not all vaginal bleeding after a hyst is caused by cancer. In fact, most is not. More commonly, granulation or vaginal dryness/atrophy can cause such bleeding. I hope you are able to get an appointment with your GYN right away... please try not to worry until then, OK? Hopefully the bleeding is from a much more benign cause.

Let us know what you find out, OK?
s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register