imature teenage boys!! help!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

imature teenage boys!!  help!!!!! imature teenage boys!! help!!!!!

Unread 02-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Unhappy - imature teenage boys!!  help!!!!! imature teenage boys!! help!!!!!

hello, i havent posted anything on this site in a few years, but im just beside myself, and i always found someone hear to listen, well here it is ive got to teenage boys they seem to be very imature i cant let them out of my site it is very hard i feel like im smothering them but when i give them the chance do normal things like go to the neighbors, i get a police man at my door telling me my 15yr old aimed a bb gun at a school bus ( it was not his dont allow guns ) the 16yr old was picking on younger kids in town, i am tired of hearing oh there just teenagers, its terrible my oldest will be 17 in june he doesnt understand reality i swear, im so afraid for them when it comes time for them to go out on there own they wont beable to cope with life! i have to give them the same speach each day about how we need to bath ourselfs do our chores its almost like there 3 & 4 and no they are not handicap, oh i just dont have a clue! thank you for listening to my crazy tales but im real worried for my guys i want so much for them, it just seems so far but so close!! thank you ladies for listening,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2004, 01:46 PM
imature teenage boys!! help!!!!!

I'm no expert -- but had 3 sons (23, 25 and 30) and 4 daughters (16, 18, 27, 28) and teenagers can be both a wonderful blessing and the most trying time of your life. The simplest suggestion I have is to watch Dr. Phil.

Even though I hadn't heard of him at the time, the reading I did and the parenting skills I learned are very similar to his parenting tips. Some of my children had some rough times (alcohol, teenage sex, pot, shoplifting), but once I started using "consequences of your actions" techniques, things gradually changed. (And lots of prayers didn't hurt either!)

Deb
Unread 02-24-2004, 07:47 PM
imature teenage boys!! help!!!!!

I am no expert at raising teenagers, since my oldest, a son, is only almost 13, however, from what I've seen of teenagers in my neighborhood, it often seems like the older they get the more immature they get

If you really think that your sons' behavior is not normal, please talk to someone who can shed some on this. School counsellors, a special teacher (my son's school assigns a "tutor" for each class... basically, it's one of the group's teachers who is responsible for the class) or the principal. If that doesn't work, look at getting some counselling from a therapist specializing in adolescent behavior.

Sending lots of s your way. Hopefully, it's all a phase and, before you know it, you'll be dealing with responsible young men
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Smile - imature teenage boys!!  help!!!!! thank you

thank you ladies i have been to the school and they agree with me so they are working with us to get them where they need to be but it is crazy! i have to laugh about dr phil because i have my oldest watching him right know! i understand teenagers are a handful but oh my gosh if i didnt love them, thank you again, sandy

p.s. my boys are not into drugs or drinking yet! i hope they never do but thats what we want to prevent!
Unread 02-25-2004, 02:26 PM
What I have to look forward to

I have three boyzzz 10 who thinks he already knows it all, has done it all and never gets anything, 7 who thinks that throwing a fit and getting very mad will get him anything, and 4 who is the devil in disguise I am convinced... I always say if I had had him first I would have never had anymore.
Thanks for letting me know it doesn't get any easier,,,I too agree that letting them pay for thier own actions works great... My oldest decided to writed some not so nice words on the school bus seat, well, I took him to the school early and the dean and I made him scrub the bus top to bottom, seats, floor, windows, everything, then he had lunchroom duty for a week and had to weed my flower bed. He hasn't done it since....
Sometimes I get told I am to hard I my kids but with dh bieng in the Navy if I don't have respect from them now I am not likely to earn it later.
In love and light

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register