Finished Chemo | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finished Chemo Finished Chemo

Unread 02-25-2004, 02:08 AM
Finished Chemo

Dear Hyster Sisters,

Well, this past Monday, I finished my final chemo, for this go round ay least. I managed to do # 7 and 8 and 9, on a 3 week schedule finally. This weekend, I am going to The States - hurray, hurray, hurray! for about 2 weeks, where I am going to have a long think about things.

When I return here, I will have a CA 125 test done then. I am unsure how quickly a chemo works to take that number down, so will not do this test just right now. Then, I hope that the post chemo option is the 3 month one, without any tests, etc.

s to you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 04:15 AM
Finished Chemo

Congratulations!! Hope all those nasty cancer cells are gone for good. Enjoy your holiday. You deserve it.

's
Ruth S
Unread 02-25-2004, 07:44 AM
Finished Chemo

Congratulations on finishing chemo! I pray every cancer cells is gone for good! Have a great and safe trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 07:52 AM
Finished Chemo

All the best. Hopefully those cancer cells have been into oblivion.

Enjoy your trip and the chance to reflect and refresh.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 02-25-2004, 08:19 AM
Finished Chemo

Glad to hear chemo's over! Hope you have a great holiday--where in the States are you headed?
Unread 02-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Chemo Grad

All those cancer cells are now gone - come and have a good time here. I heard there's an invisible note on your arm that says: Warning to cancer cells--bad place--stay away. Only they can see it.
Unread 02-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Finished Chemo

Dear Wild Rose, can't tell you how happy I was to hear that you've finished your chemo! Isn't that great! What a road it's been for you and you've been awesome throughout this journey. Congratulations and here's to the anihilation of any and all cancer cells that may have been lurking in you.

Best,
Unread 02-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Finished Chemo

Dear Wild Rose,
So glad to hear from you, and the news that you finished chemo. Yay! I was worried about you. Andydenise posted yesterday about not hearing from Tammy, and I added that we hadn't heard from you for a while either.

I am puzzled why your CA125 isn't taken more often. I always had one drawn every three weeks, just before chemo. Maybe they do things differently in the Bahamas?

At any rate, celebrate big time and may those cancer cells never dare to set foot again!

Warmest Regards
Unread 02-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Hurray!! Hurray!!

Congratulations Wild Rose! I cannot wait to be able to say CHemo's done! As of today I am half way there. Onc Dr upped it by 10%, I hope it not like the first time. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Congrats again! I don't know about the southern states, but up here in Ohio it's going to beautiful. (50 -60 degrees is a heatwave to us)LOL
Hope you go somewhere great!

Love, Laura

Saw the "Passion" last night. No words can describe, we need to love everyone good and bad. I've been on the high of it all day. Had to pass it on.
Unread 02-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Finished Chemo

Dear Hyster Sisters,

Thanks for all your good wishes. Two tips for chemo which I recently found are true - at least for me - I implemented them a bit late, but no time like the present I always say.

1. Take (if your gyn/onc agrees) something like Sennokot/Sennalax, (gentle, no surprises) but take, as Karenann pointed out - thank you! the night before a chemo, too! I had just taken the night OF a chemo, but tried the night before, and that was good advice. But, once again, check with your doctor first.

2. Eat something before a chemo that day! When I am scheduled for a chemo, I did not eat that morning - my chemo took 5 and a half hours, so I tried (arriving early) eating the sandwich that I had brought - and the drugs/meds. did not get me that 'high', as I had some food in me.

And, please know, that it has been my choice not to have a CA 125 test done recently, as I just wanted to finish before I had it done again.

And, I am going to the Fort Meyers area, and really looking forward to being Stateside! I am now looking forward to Act 4 of my life, and intend to make it far less stressful.

s to all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register