The Passion Of THe Christ... - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Passion Of THe Christ... The Passion Of THe Christ...

Unread 03-18-2004, 09:48 AM
The Passion Of THe Christ...

Time out, Ladies!!

Let's try to get this thread back on track. The purpose of the thread was to discuss the movie, not the reasons for making it or who will profit financially.

I have yet to see this movie. My sons both saw it and were amazed by what they saw. Although they knew the story of the passion, death and resurrection of Christ, they had no idea just how much Jesus endured. They say it's an eye opener.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2004, 05:10 PM

i hope you get to see it to.You will really be moved by it.thanks for getting our focus back on the thread.
Unread 03-18-2004, 05:31 PM

Just food for thought on the money part of this movie....God does not condemn those who prosper when they seek Him first. It isn't for us to judge the motives behind anyone. God knows. The Lord does allow financial blessings along with the spiritual ones! He's a perfect God who's got it all covered.
I can't wait till Sunday. I don't mind paying to see the movie. I've paid a lot of money over the years for movies and been sorely disappointed.
And yes, our church is "flocking" to see the movie, but many are bringing unsaved friends and family with them. I personally appreciate the tool that we have been given to visually bring the Bible alive. I don't think much about the money, except, I was glad Mel Gibson had enough to make it in the first place!
And I love the conversations it sparks. The name of God is everywhere. I know for many it's controversial, but at least it's debate that isn't about the antics of pop stars.
God Bless you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2004, 06:06 PM

This thread brings to mind a couple of quotes:

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love on another."
-Jonathan Swift

"I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit."
-Kahlil Gibran, "The Voice of the Poet"
Unread 03-19-2004, 09:14 AM

I have seen this movie twice...it was such a personal experience. The reason I went a second time was because I couldn't discuss it with my mother until she saw it for herself. She had seen all the "making of" documentaries and read all the articles she could find but still had absolutely no idea of the intense power of the movie. Afterwards, she was silent for almost an hour and then her first comment was "I understand why you didn't want me to talk about it until I had seen it."

I am humbled by two thoughts...1) How many of those lashes, how much of that pain was for me? and 2) What do those people who are not Christians think about this?

This movie has openend up more discussions about what Christ did for us than any other witnessing tool to date. It makes it easier for those of us who need a nudge. I can't express how much it has changed me. I was grateful for salvation before but now...
Unread 04-05-2004, 10:12 AM

I went with my DH to see this finally. He had seen it once already and wanted to see it again. It was the most powerful movie that I've ever seen. There were parts that I could not bear to see but did not want to miss ( does that make sense).

I've grown up (Catholic) with the scriptures and gospel being part of my life. I knew what Jesus endured for all of us - BUT to actually SEE it!!

I was up a good portion of the night - just thinking....

I want (need ) to see it again.
Unread 04-13-2004, 10:33 PM

Hi,

I decided to NOT see the movie
because what I see lingers on and on
in my brain and causes me on
going emotional pain.

Realized seeing it would cause
me harm... and right now I just
don't have the emotional strength
to deal with more distress.

I don't watch movies with
high levels of disturbing violence... even
if they are touching and true.

I have friends who have loved the movie,
and friends who did not.

Maybe it all depends on where we are
at any given time.

many blessings ,
Danielle H.
Unread 04-13-2004, 10:58 PM
The Passion of the Christ

I have seen this movie twice. It changed me. I have a personal relationship with God, but the movie got me where I live. So many times, it seems that we don't really get what He did for us. But we owe Him everything.

I had planned to see it again this Easter weekend, but I felt too fragile. It is a devastating, haunting, beautiful movie, but it isn't one to go see if you're feeling emotionally delicate.

It was a violent movie, but it was not gratuitous violence. There was no brutality in it that was not grounded in reality. We took our 13 year old daughter, and she thought what Jesus did for us is "awesome."

The movie juxtaposed human and satanic evil against the Perfect Son of God, and humanity (and of course, Satan) came out sadly lacking. His Perfection showed like the most brilliant light when compared to the depravity of the Roman soldiers, and even when held up against the ordinary people. "There is none righteous, no not one." Romans 3:10. And yet, God loves us so much! It's incredible, the most wonderful thing that has ever occurred! "What shall separate us from the love of Christ?" Romans 8:35a. "For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor prinicipalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creation, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord." Romans 8:39-40. Hallelujah! That is what this movie is about. It's about God's love that we have done nothing to earn and can do nothing to earn but is extended to us purely on the basis of God's Goodness and Love. All we have to do is turn to Jesus, admit our sinfulness, and ask for forgiveness. How generous is God! It's so exciting!

Ramona D
Unread 04-14-2004, 07:30 AM

Danielle,

I totally respect your decision. Not everyone is in a place pschologically to watch violence even meaningful violence. I am one such person. I personally have suffered much violence and it brings it back to me to watch more.
Not watching doesn't mean you think what HE did is any less important than a person who watches it 100 times.
God Bless..
Unread 04-14-2004, 07:56 AM
The Passion

I have not been able to see this movie, but I want to see it desperately. Just watching Mel Gibson on Primetime got me so excited about what this will mean to a lost and dying world that I couldn't sleep that night. My friends who have seen it say it's beyond a movie and more powerful than anything else they have ever seen.

I agree with much of what's been said here. The devil tried to stop this movie in any way that he could- for years- and he couldn't do it. There have been people who have confessed to long ago crimes they got away with, and many other stories like that. I believe that Mel Gibson's motives were pure- he spent 30-40 million dollars of his own money to make this after he was turned away by so many other people. Why shouldn't he profit from the risk that he took? He took the extra time to screen this with many different religious people high up in every faith to see if they would be offended etc. Who else has ever done a thing like that? He truly wanted to be biblically accurate. I hope God continues to bless him in a mighty way. He also said on Primetime if he never made another penny he could easily go out and be a garbageman again. I had to laugh at that because in no way would he ever have to do that, but he said he didn't need money. I know that he gives money to the Catholic church and who knows what he does that's not public? He could donate all the proceeds for all we know.

I hope to see this during my recovery time. Hubby wanted me to wait until we could go together to see it. I know that this is a violent movie, and Iwouldn't take my seven year old to see it. If you have older children who want to see it though that would be your personal decision. I'm excited about what this movie will do internationally as well. To God be all the Glory!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register