Post-op Pains (9 Weeks) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op Pains (9 Weeks) Post-op Pains (9 Weeks)

Unread 10-24-2000, 09:22 AM
Post-op Pains (9 Weeks)

Have had pelvic pressure & some feelings of numbness today more than I know how to deal with mentally. The symptoms are what I have dealt with before surgery (was due to a fast growing fibroid). I do feel a heaviness from inside, like my bladder is full, but hasn't been that long since I went. Have been constipated, but have noticed when I do finally have bm, that pressure is releaved some (which have had this way for years, but never did it cause these feelings).

Had two great weeks at 2-week checkup, then all started back up. Went to doctor at 5-weeks instead of 6-weeks due to this; she said had yeast infection & gave me meds. Have called again, if it keeps up after finishing the meds, then am to call for appointment.

I would like to know if anyone has felt this come back after the surgery & what has been the results? Maybe I can go in with some history of others - though she is really a great doctor & cares (I feel I sound like a complainer). I know my body & until April this year, no problems like this.

Thanks for listening.

Kathy0656 : TAH 08/30/00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2000, 10:22 AM
Post-op Pains (9 Weeks)

Kathy,

I am sorry that you are feeling bad. Are you on meds right now?

I have pelvic pain and pressure and it surrounds the bladder area. I don't know the cause of it for sure yet, I am seeing a urologist for it to try to find some answers.

Have you let your doctor know how you are feeling today? I think that would be a good idea.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Unread 10-24-2000, 11:31 AM
Post-op 8 Weeks

Thanks for caring. I have not called the doctor yet today, but am planning on calling before day is over to make an appointment. Before going to lunch, started having some aching inside around where they cut (not the cut itself; it healed great). Also, my belly has been swollen more than usual (have not had much trouble with that all).

I am trying to be careful & still rest, & I also am back at work (2nd week back after almost being out 7 weeks).

Thanks again - Kat
TAH-08/30/00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2000, 12:56 PM
Post-op Pains (9 Weeks)

Kathy,

I hope that you have called your doctors office and gotten some answers or at least an appt to be seen. Please keep us informed as to how you are doing.

Sending lots of {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} your way.
Unread 10-24-2000, 02:38 PM
Dr appointment

Lisa - have a doctor appointment at 9:00 AM tomorrow; how's that for service? Will let you in on what is going on tomorrow.

My doctor & the second opinion doctor both said I had a strong pelvic floor, but the pain radiates from there. It is so hard to explain without sounding nuts sometimes.

Thanks - Kat
TAH 08/30/00

PS By the way, I am originally from Parkersburg, WV; not too very far away from you. Thanks again.
[Edited by Kathy0656 on 10-24-2000]
Unread 10-26-2000, 02:29 PM
Dr Appointment

Lisa - Went to my doctor yesterday & she is referring me on to a gastroenterology doctor due to chronic constipation. The appointment is Nov 3 - will try to keep posted.

She feels that be what all the pressure is - she said everything from the TAH looked like it was healing well; plus again, that I had a strong pelvic floor. I am still wondering if the muscles could be stretched and/or tense, which could be causing the aching.

To take some of the pressure off of the rectum, she had me do two enamas & take MOM at night time. The enamas did seem to help some of the aching.

Kathy0656
TAH 08/30/00

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register