is sitting up too much for anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

is sitting up too much for anyone else? is sitting up too much for anyone else?

Unread 02-25-2004, 06:01 PM
is sitting up too much for anyone else?

I am 6 weeks post op from a TVH .. and I still can not sit up for long periods of time without feeling pain in my lower stomach....
anyone else suffering from sitting too long?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 07:03 PM

Whoknew,
I certainly was unable to sit up for any length of time (less than an hour) without feeling discomfort to the point of having to recline for a while, then try again to sit up. This was quite frustrating since a great deal of my job involves sitting at the computer. It would take me three hours to do one hour's worth of work. It got better around the 11 - 12th week.
Unread 02-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Sitting pain

I had the same pain too. I'm 10 weeks post op and its better now. I couldn't sit for any length of time at 6 weeks and still prefer to get up and move around at work every hour or so. Hang in there, it will get better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 10:02 PM

I'm 6 weeks today and ditto this post! I find sitting straight up the most uncomfortable position. It puts too much pressure down there. Tonight I went to my dd softball game and found it was more comfortable standing than sitting on the bleachers. I'm hoping it goes away soon 'cuz I go back to work as a dental hygienist in a couple more weeks and I have to be able to comfortably sit for my patient's one hour appointments.

Get better everyone--
Unread 02-26-2004, 02:24 AM

I am only 5 weeks TAH/BSO but I feel it too. 1 hour is just too much for me. I am so glad that I am not the only one. I hear of people going to the cinema etc and thing how do they do that? I thought I was the only one
Heather
Unread 02-26-2004, 02:32 AM
SITTING UP TOO MUCH

WHO KNEW

I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL I WAS LIKE THAT THE FIRST FEW WEEKS AFTER I WAS MORE COMFORTABLE EITHER STANDING OR LAYING , I THINK ITS BECAUSE YOU ARE PUTTING PRESSURE ON YOUR STOMACH AND THE MUSCLES ARE STILL TO WEAK TO SUPPORT YOU .
I AM ALMOST 4 MONTHS POST OP AND AM FEELING BETTER ALL THE TIME THOUGH EVERY NOW AND AGAIN I AM REMINDED THAT I HAVE STILL GOT TO BE CAREFUL , IT WILL TAKE A WHILE TO RECOVER BUT EVERY DAY IS A STEP NEARER SO TAKE IT EASY AND REMEMBER YOU HAVE HAD A SERIOUS OP AND IT WILL TAKE TIME TO HEAL INSIDE AND OUT .
TAKE CARE AND TRY TO REST

CANATION
Unread 02-26-2004, 03:11 AM

I am seven weeks post op and feel the same way. I keep thinking....when am I ever going to feel like my old self again. I can't stand to have underwear on and heaven forbid I have to zip my pants! I work, so I have been trying to wear long shirts over my pants, then unzip my pants while I am there. No matter what kind of underwear I wear, within a couple of hours they drive me crazy! Sometimes I just don't wear them. Just feel funny at work if I don't wear them, but I think I "have" too.
Unread 02-26-2004, 04:29 AM

I am so glad to hear from all of you... I now know that I am not crazy and other woman are feeling the same way. I have gone back to work this week ( at 5 1/2 weeks post op TVH) I can do about 4-5 hours of up and down and then I have to go home... as drivig is still not comfortable.
I go to the dr today for my check up ...we'll see what he has to say about it. I have a feeling he will tell me I am doing to much or went back to work to early

But thank you all for your responses it helps!

Whoknew!
Unread 02-26-2004, 04:54 AM

Hi...I am a LIW so perhaps I am not supposed to post here, but this brings up a question that has bothering me. I usually bounce back quickly from everything, but I know that have only one chance to recuperate properly from this and I don't want to blow it. I told my designated broker that I would be back to work by the end of the first week of April, and my surgery is 3/16. I am starting to think that is just too soon after reading your posts. I will be on floor duty for a four hours stretch at a time. Let me know what you think. I don't have to tell her anything for awhile, but I don't want to get set up in my head that I'll be back working in three weeks if that ain't gonna happen. (My dr. said I could go back to work after two weeks!!!) Thanks, Leslie
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:11 AM

I'm 5 wks. post-op tomorrow, and reclining still feels better than sitting up straight. Went to church for Ash Wednesday service last night, and even though it was only an hr., I got really tired. Took a pillow for the unpadded pew, too! Must be the weakened muscles. I'm glad I have another ten days before going back to work, and also that I can put my feet up in my office a lot when the time comes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register