OMG This stuff is gross - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OMG This stuff is gross OMG This stuff is gross

Unread 02-26-2004, 06:05 PM
OMG This stuff is gross

You gotta keep going. I don't know if you need to finish the absolute last drop, but you need to finish most of it. The sooner you finish drinking the sooner the whole thing will be over.

Have someone chill the darn stuff and bring it into you while you're sitting.

Dorrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2004, 06:07 PM
OMG This stuff is gross

My instructions were always to drink a glass every 10 minutes. I was told that it should take a max of 2 hours. I think you're going on 3 hours now. If you have any questions, call your doctor, there should be a doctor on call to tell you for sure what you should do.

Unread 02-26-2004, 06:17 PM
OMG This stuff is gross

Sorry, but yes, you do have to drink it all, even after it starts working. If you're throwing it up, I'd give your DR's office a call and ask the on-call what you can do.

Hang in there!

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2004, 06:22 PM
OMG This stuff is gross

Yes,

If you drink an 8oz glass every 10 minutes, you will down the gallon in about 2 hours, with a bit left over.

I just read the PDR and FOR THE FUTURE some docs prescribe an anti-nausea medication to be taken an hour before the prep starts

What an idea. If only I had known or DH (who is an MD) had told me

If you can't get the doc, you might try the pharmacist

Dorrie
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:50 PM
OMG This stuff is gross

Yes, my doctor prescribed Phenergan to help with the nausea...

Also, the Mayo doctors had me drink the entire bottle of Phospha-soda with only 4 ounces of water.... and then follow that with 3 glasses of regular water. I almost think that is better because I got it all out of the way at once. It worked really well but I was still instructed to do two enemas in the morning before going to the hospital.

Sarah
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:05 PM
havent given up

Well I haven't given up I know I should have been done by now but it has made me so sick to my stomach I have be puking so I have been having to take breaks... I am still drinking though...
I will prevail...
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:21 PM
STRAWS!!!

For any sort of foul liquid (magnesium citrate, barium, etc) I heartily recommend using a /straw/. I stuck the straw back as far as possible in my mouth, to bypass the taste buds as much as possible.

Drinking it as cold as possible was also very helpful, but without using a straw, I don't think I could have gotten down either the barium or the magnesium citrate stuff...
Unread 02-26-2004, 08:43 PM
I DID IT

Yea I did it I finished it all about 1 1/2 hour ago... I just haven't been able to stay out of the bathroom long enough to write...
Thank you for your support and suggestions I put it in the freezer and made it a slushie.. Still didn't really make it taste better but you guys made me realize I could do it.
Thank you
Unread 02-26-2004, 08:45 PM
OMG This stuff is gross

My heart goes out to you that stuff is awful... I just want to wish you good luck with your sugery tomorrow!!!! My thoughts & prayers are with you...

Kim
Unread 02-26-2004, 09:23 PM
I got lucky.........

My doctor made me do 3 enemas starting at 4:00pm the day before and told me to do them every 30 minutes till all was used up. I was able to eat and drink after enemas which didnt make any since to me till 12:00am. I was thinking if i could eat all the way till midnight after doing enemas that my bowels would be full again. I dont know...............sure an glad i didnt have to drink what you guys had to though. My heart goes out to you Dzzbear and I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow.........Glory

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register