how many of us have or have had chronic pelvic pain post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how many of us have or have had chronic pelvic pain post hysterectomy how many of us have or have had chronic pelvic pain post hysterectomy

Unread 02-29-2004, 06:20 PM
how many of us have or have had chronic pelvic pain post hysterectomy

I know there's a lot, I'm just wondering how common this problem is after the hysterectomy is all done and over with.

I know I for one have had pain pre and post hyst.

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2004, 06:23 PM

Count me in.

I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis though. So they are now chalking my pelvic pain up to that. I am not 100% sure that all the pelvic pain is from the IC. Hard to say.

I am so glad I am not alone though.

s

Shelly

adding my stats age 34, endo, adeno, cysts on ovaries.
Unread 02-29-2004, 06:32 PM

Count me in too. Though I have bladder problems too which my doc is now saying may be due to interstiticial cystitis, waiting to see what they decide. Personally I think it is due to all the problems and surgeries I had with my bladder and now have all that stupid scar tissue. I get menstral cramps still too, anyone else.
Toni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2004, 07:40 PM

Add me to the list also... Still having bladder pain from my LAVH on 8/22...a pulling throbbing pain everytime I try to empty my bladder had 2 cystoscope's done & showed nothing....

I am also having pain in my lower left groin area about 2 weeks out of a month. They did a CT scan in Oct nothing showed up, did an ultra sound last month towards the end of the 2 weeks of pain and again nothing showed up. Pain just started this afternoon again. Doctor wants to do a MRI.... I am not sure if it's endo, cysts or something else.... I just want the pain to go away I can't stand being in pain for 2 weeks every month this has been going on for almost 7 years and it's not getting any better. My GYN thought the LAVH would of helped, but no luck.

Kim
Unread 02-29-2004, 08:34 PM

I have had chronlic pelvic pains for over 3 years now. It is quite irritating. The doctor said it was nothing to be concerned about. Itbothers ne. Sometimes I get cramps and I have lots of problems eating now. I am going in for an endocopy tuesdsay and I am extremely scared. Hoping they will find what is wrong wisth me and fix it.But I am not willing to go thru another surtgery so I sure hope it can be solved andother way.

You are not alone
Unread 02-29-2004, 11:20 PM

Count me in also. I had my surgery 8-14-03 and I have had pain since. I also have IC. I have had pelvic ultrasounds, exrays, ct scans, and just 2 weeks ago had to have a colonoscopy. My GI found a colon polyp and several more spots that he did a biopsy on. He removed the polyp and said that it could have turned into cancer if left alone. I also had a lot of adhesions on my intestines from having several abdominal surgeries. So that means that I am not emptying it all. He also said that I have diverticulitis and some internal hemorroids. He told me to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate once a week, and eat a lot of fiber cereal and more veggies. plus take a stool softener and metamucil. Lots and lots of water. I still have a lot of pain and lost my job because of it. Hopefully if I stay on this diet, I will be feeling better by May. I am getting married then. Lots of luck to you all. I hope you all can fing out what is wrong.
Unread 03-01-2004, 05:49 AM
Count me in

I have had problems for 3 years now Mine are due to on going adhesion problems i just had my 6th surgery in Sept. which turned to more trouble and i was in the Hospital for 17 days and in Jan. went in for 5 days because of bowel blockage it is very frustrating! I have had one problem after another! I', now on vicodan for the pain and phenagran for the nausea!
It has been rough since my hysterectomy !
Big Colette
Unread 03-01-2004, 06:27 AM

Me too. I have been having pelvic pain and lower backache for several years and had a LAVH in September 2003 pretty much as a last resort. The only problem the doctor had found from a prior laparoscopy and the hyst was many swollen blood vessels wrapped around and going into my right ovary. Pelvic pain and backache stopped for a few months but is now back along with urethral burning. Gyn thinks it is IC but the urologist doesn't. A cysto/hydro is scheduled for 3/19. I sometimes wonder if it has been a mild form of IC all along and I didn't need a hyst. I just want to feel normal again.
Jean
Unread 03-01-2004, 07:33 AM

I have an appointment next week with my Gnye to discuss having a laparoscopy. I developed pelvic pain last August, and have had ultrasound, liver enzyme tests, cultures, you name it. Nothing was found, and I still don't know what's wrong. It only hurts when I'm sitting (which is everyday at work), or lying down (trying to sleep). The minute I get up and moving, the pain goes away. I had abdom. hyst in June 2001.
Unread 03-01-2004, 09:38 AM

Add one more to the list! I have an appointment tomorrow to discuss test results following ER visit, CT scan, liver function tests and ultrasound. I have a "complex cyst" on my remaining ovary. (I am assuming it is an endometrioma.) My pelvic pain has been both constant cramping and also sharp pains that come and go. My lower back began hurting about 3 months after hysterectomy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register