March 5th FRIDAY Maria Coo update from Adrie | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

March 5th FRIDAY Maria Coo update from Adrie March 5th FRIDAY Maria Coo update from Adrie

Unread 03-01-2004, 11:19 PM
March update on Maria Coo from Adrie

Hi Cheryl and Sisters,

It's been some time now. Lots has happened, good things and bad things. But what can you expect.
Since Maria is not feeling very capable to write again on her laptop yet, I decided to give you an update. I know you like me to.

I can see Maria is getting stronger and stronger every day. But I think using her laptop to write you was too exhousting for her. And I know when she had the possibility to get on the net Maria would use it. She likes the contact a lot.
As I said, stronger, but not without set-backs and worries. It seems to be a rare thing: Now the part of her colon (appr 10") they pulled out of her tummy at the 2nd surgery is dying too.
Drs here are reluctant to give Maria or me info. Most likely due to them not wanting to worry us. What of course makes us worried !
So I posted a question on a website for ostomies and we'll wait and see if there is some experience there.
Also the long wound of the main surgery is opening, drs say they will wait for results of a test of the woundfluid, which should be available tomorrow, Tuesday.
Maria does think of you all a lot and is doing quite fine for the rest. Having daily showers and walks, despite of the pain she still suffers from. And is still very positive.
As a lot of Sisters said: She is one strong Lady.

I'm sorry to bring you not only good news, but that will change in the future. I guess you want an adequate report on this.

Tonight we went to the library of the University, which is in the hospital itself, but we couldn't find anything that we could use. Don't know how to find it I guess. Maria was trying a net-computer there but she had to leave. They are only ment for medical information. If she only had a small chance, she would have tried to contact you, that is for sure.
That brings me to something new: Maria can "sit" up now too (I am not allowed to say "hang up") in a chair.

Send Maria's love to everyone that is still standing strong with her. We appreciate it.
And let's not forget: every day Better and Better,
Adrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2004, 08:35 AM
March 5th FRIDAY Maria Coo update from Adrie

Dear Maria and Adrie,
Continuing our prayers for you both! Hold on to each other and your faith to get you through this time. I hope we will get good news soon. Maria, hugs to you and keep getting stronger every day.

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 03-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Dear Maria and Adrie

So glad Maria is getting stronger each day. Thinking of you

Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2004, 09:31 AM
I pray everyday

For Maria like she is my sister yes my HYSTER SISTER TOO. My loving ALoha's to you and Maria. God bless you both. Aloha Ellie
Unread 03-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Maria, Still Praying for You and Adrie

I don't like that bit abuot the colon possibly losing its blood supply and not doing well, but otherwise you are making progress there. Every day a little stronger, a little better, slowly but surely. Your Hyster Sisters will keep on with our prayers and support for both you and Adrie and my nuns in Sinsinawa will keep praying as well. One day forward at a time.
Unread 03-02-2004, 10:35 AM

Hi Maria and Adrie,

I want to add my well wishes to those of the other Hyster Sisters. I am sorry for the set backs, but I am sure that is all they are - temporary setbacks. One step at a time to beat this thing!

Take care,
Sharon
Unread 03-02-2004, 12:37 PM

Ardie and Maria,
Sorry to hear that you have so many worries, on top of everything else. Dear Maria shouldn't have to go to the library to find answers. Her doctors should be able to tell you what might happen next without Marie wearing herself out trying to find answers.

Do you have family who is there to help you? Perhaps one of them could talk with the doctors for you. I do hope that some of Maria's family is there to support you both.

This is a bad time in your lives but things will get better. You both have so much love and optimism that will help carry you through this very difficult time. Maria is such a lovely person and has handled this with more grace than 10 women.

Our thoughts, love, and prayers are with you both. Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us informed and invovled. We want to be with you both, every step of the way.

Many hugs,
Janie
Unread 03-02-2004, 07:18 PM

s Ardie and Maria

That darn stoma needs to start healing itself up and quit this nonsense. Enough is enough.
If the main incision is opening a bit, make sure Maria has a binder on when she gets out of bed. It sounds like she surely needs this added support.
My thoughts and prayers remain with you both.

karenann
Unread 03-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Wednesday March 3rd (late) update

Ardie wrote late last night, so I saw this message when I got up.

Maria is having a rough time........

Adrie wrote:

Hi Cheryl and Sisters,

A few minutes ago I came from the hospital.
The news is not very well. Maria has to stay there at least another week and also the last few days she is getting weaker. Maybe it is a normal pattern and she will be back going upward again. let's hope so.
Tomorrow I have an appointment with a responsible dr for her stoma. I understand without Maria. Wonder what that means.
At least we will know more about expectations and treatment for the future.
I will keep you updated.
Every day Better and Better is still the motto, don't forget.
Strength to you all too,
Adrie
Unread 03-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Re: Wednesday March 3rd (late) update

's Maria and Adrie

Dear Maria,
I'm sorry to hear your having a rough time.
I join the rest of the Sisters here in praying for you. Hang in there and keep that fighting attitude, you are a very strong woman!
I wish we could all be there at your side, but even though we can not, you know we are as close to you as we can be in spirit.
I hope tomorrow brings a much brighter day for you.

With love and prayers,
Debbie [withope]

Dear Adrie,
I can hear the worry in your words about meeting with the DR about the stoma. We are all praying for Maria and for you. Keep up the postive attitude. I love your motto: "Everday Better and Better," we sure will not forget. we join you in these thoughts and prayers and look forward to Maria getting stonger and having all this behind her soon.

We appreciate you keeping us updated.

Prayers,
Debbie [withope]
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register