March 5th FRIDAY Maria Coo update from Adrie - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

March 5th FRIDAY Maria Coo update from Adrie March 5th FRIDAY Maria Coo update from Adrie

Unread 03-04-2004, 07:10 AM
March 5th FRIDAY Maria Coo update from Adrie

Sorry to hear that there are some problems yet....but Adrie, please know that you and Maria are being kept in our prayers and hopes here. Your love for her in itself is a healing thing, and is certainly helping her to cope.

Hoping to hear good news....

Blessings.
Marlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2004, 09:08 AM

Hi Maria and Adrie,

Maria, I am sorry you are not feeling well. You have lots of people rooting for you and praying everyday that you will soon feel better. Please do not rush things. Take your time and let your body heal. Lots of s sent your way.

Adrie, I know this is very hard for you, too. When I was sick, it was way harder on my Husband than on me. He felt so helpless. I want you to know that just being there and supporting Maria through this is the best thing you can do. She is lucky to have you. Not all men are strong enough to be such a wonderful support for their wives. Remember to take care of yourself as well.

Again lots of ers and s

Sharon
Unread 03-04-2004, 10:49 PM
FRIDAY MORNING NEWS FROM ADRIE

Hi Cheryl (and Sisters),

You read the posting of Maria on the HisterSisters board ?
Isn't that nice ?
This afternoon I came in the hospital and found Maria crying from happiness. They found a possibility for her to go on the net in the hospital, using her laptop.
Still very much in pain and exhausted, but now more with a possitive attitude.
We had a meeting with the surgeon and he told us that because there is still 1.5 cm (a little bit more than 1/2") very much alive.
And he does think it will stay that way, for it is like that some time now.
Monday 8 march they are going to attache the bowel, so it will be a real stoma. And not cutting open again but all from the outside.
Isn't that great, having an operation almost without a cut ?
Also about the opening wound: That one is stitched deeper under the skin. This will give a possibility to heal like a surfacial wound and as a result you will not see more of the scar as when Maria had the usual zipper.
All and all good news today.
Probably you are right, the 3rd week is worse than the second. Which gives the next week a good chance to be a better one

Cheryl, Maria will try to post messages herself and will try to keep in contact. If she is already strong enough to keep on doing it I don't know. But you can always post a message like this too. In the evenings I will know if she was able to post and read the posts for her. If not I will send you a short messsage, OK ?

You are so wonderful what you are doing !

Every day Better and Better,

Be blessed,
Adrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2004, 08:10 AM

So glad that things are looking better! And I'm sure that the international support community here at Hystersisters is part of the healing process for Maria!

Adrie, thank you again for being such a faithful correspondent!
And obviously a great husband!

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 03-05-2004, 08:30 AM

Maria and Adrie,

Hugs and prayers - stay strong. I will think of you.

Kit
Unread 03-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Glad things are looking better!

That is much better news about that stoma! As for ups and downs, they're to be expected I think. Since there isn't much you can do in the hospital and surgery is painful, I really felt I was getting weaker myself being gthre after my surgery. I had good days and bad ones. Here's just an example. I was in for 9 days. Day 7 I was feeling much better and when the surgeon said I could go home the next day, I really felt good. Walking was easier, spirits were better and on the morning of the 8th day I was all ready to pack up and come home! Dr, comes in, I'm excited, he said I'd have to stay one more day, and I became de-flated. I felt more tired, less well overall, just really down. The next morning I was still that way and then I got to go home! Man--I felt better when I got there! That upp to down to up again was hard. Maria, you just concentrate on getting well and getting home. Of course, you be sure Adrie understands the idea of either "housekeeper for a while" or else he knows how to dust, vacuum, wash dishes, etc. OK?
Unread 03-07-2004, 11:26 AM

Please add any further messages to the thread from March 6th.
thank you!
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=132254
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register