1 week later-feel worse-please help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week later-feel worse-please help! 1 week later-feel worse-please help!

Unread 03-02-2004, 06:19 PM
1 week later-feel worse-please help!

I had a really hard time in the castle, 2 days w/no sleep or food and reaction to pain meds. had lavh w/left ovary removed, felt pretty good, took advil for a few days, had visitors, had help and may have "overdone" it, but i'm not sure what that means. Now, I feel awful, my left hip and leg ache, i'm having panic attacks, i don't sleep well, i feel like i'm short of breath when i talk to people or do very much and maybe it's hormones or that i'm alone now but generally i feel like crap!!! I've had bm's, pee'd, and am eating okay, I'm not doing advil and I put on a hormone patch (one i'd used before the surgery) on saturday and took a bath (dr.'s orders) for the leg pain but now I feel so much worse! My dr. appt. for 2 weeks check is next week, i've called his office, he's not concerned (never is much) and i have had problems with hypoglycemia and generalized anxiety and pms before, but now I feel like I could literally crawl out of my skin sometimes. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2004, 07:01 PM

Im so sorry u feel so bad, i don,t know wat to say, but ur not alone we,r here for u, docs neva seemed concerned they don,t av to live through it al,l i too had bad pms, a lot is hormonal which is so bad, i do hope u start to feel betta soon, my thoughts r with u, keep in touch :0)
Unread 03-02-2004, 07:53 PM

Hi! I had, actually still have the panic attacks after I was released and came home from the hospital. I think it just all hit me once I got home. My God, I've got ovarian cancer. Sometimes I would feel really sweaty and feel strange and I thought I was going to die just then. I've gotten a little better, but try to relax a little and be good to yourself. Don't overdo it. I take a 1 mg lorazepam in the morning and the evening and that really helps to relax me.

Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2004, 08:02 PM

I have been taking Xanax for panic/anxiety attacks since July. My GYN says it is very likely due to menopause. She started me off with 3 a day...now I'm down to 2 a day. Weeks will go by, and I will be fine. Then they will hit, and I get nauseous, shakey, heart beats fast and hard, etc. Sometimes it lasts for days. I hate it.

Best of luck; call your doctor and get something. That's what doctors and medicines are for...your body and hormones are all out of whack right now. You need something to help you through this.

Oh, I also take 5 mg Ambien to help me sleep; I can take it with the Xanax, too.
Unread 03-02-2004, 08:07 PM

Hi there,

I am so sorry you are going through this. I would call your doctor and insist that he see you. Are you on meds for your panic attacks/anxiety? If so, maybe you need some tweaking done with them? If not, talk to you doc about how you feel hun. It is your body and you know it more than anyone.

I have suffered with panic attacks /anxiety for a few years now but have been feeling so much better with the combination of meds and therapy. To help you with some breathing which may help calm you down a bit is to make sure you are breathing properly.....breathe in your nose and out your mouth. Sometimes when we get ansty about things we forget how to breathe. Another thing I do is to say to myself "calm" while breathing in and say to myself "panic or fear" while breathing out. It does help.

You are in my thoughts as I know how scared you must feel....you are not alone and there are so many caring souls here.

Please take care
Hugs
Heather
Unread 03-02-2004, 09:16 PM

tnx so much, i realize and don't give myself enuf credit sometimes that i'm doing this on my own, it has only been one week, i am ok even if i need to take some advil and a xanax, i just try to be tuff and think i should (shoulding all over myself again) be better at it. i have just had alot of weird pains for the past few days and being alone all the time with no one to ask, "is this normal?", probably doesn't help. i realize i'm not alone here, thanks again.
Unread 03-03-2004, 11:10 PM

Dear Beethoe,

You are only ONE WEEK post-op. What did the doc tell you about pain meds? Did he say "take as needed"? It sounds like you need them, so take them You won't get any medals for toughing it out.

I hope you are feeling better soon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register