Open laparoscopy with RSO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Open laparoscopy with RSO Open laparoscopy with RSO

Unread 03-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Open laparoscopy with RSO

Sisters... I had a TVH on 3.25.2002 and this past Dec I started to feel pain in the lower right abdominal area. After several sonograms and CT scan I was told that I had some scar tissue (adhesions) that may be causing the pain on the right side. Well this past Feb 26,2004 I went for a laparoscopy and I end up having an open laparoscopy with RSO. I'm meeting with my doctor next week to discuss the details and the reason for the RSO. But can someone tell me how long will take me to recuperate. With the TVH took me about 6 weeks to be able to return to my normal work load. Im feeling tired and I feel a lot of discomfort in belly button area. Any suggestions or any recomendations/ Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2004, 07:50 PM
dont know

what RSO or open laproscopy is??? But I hope you are recoverying ok!! Good luck, Kris
Unread 03-04-2004, 08:53 AM

Removal of right ovary and tube by laparascopy. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2004, 10:03 AM

will probably take about the same time to recoop.
good luck.
Unread 03-04-2004, 12:33 PM

I can tell you what my doc told me. I might have had my ovaries (one or both) removed back in January via laparoscopy and he said plan for 4 weeks out but to really expect 2 (due to my being in good health otherwise). I just had adhesions removed and was back to work within a week.

Not sure that will help, but might give you some idea.

Take care and get plenty of rest!
Unread 03-05-2004, 10:42 AM

Hi ((Glyssel)) & welcome to The Road ,
I'm sorry tho that these complications bought you here but pls know you are amoung some of the most caring, supportive & compassionate gals I know!! The level of understanding here can be soo very helpful when facing complications & pain! I have gained so very much from my ((Sisters)) here: info, options I never knew I had, strength, inspiration to continue the battle for answers & relief...most of all HOPE that somehow, someday I along with the other Road Travelers will recieve some relief from our ongoing issues and/or pains

I had the same surgery as you are facing...I had mine at 12 weeks Post-Op. I was experiencing some continuing right-sided pain that was not improving..in fact it was increasing in intensity <sigh> My Gyn finally ordered an abdominal & TransVaginal U/S. The results revealed a large mass, of unknown origin> atop my enlarged, cyst-covered right Ovary. Discussing the results with my Dr, he suggested that that Ovary be removed...he felt it was the source of my Pre-Hyst <he should've seen that before> & Post-op right-sided pain. He was concerned about the mass as it had appeared in such a short time <12 weeks> all I could think of was Cancer. My Lap/RSO was scheduled for 5 days later...luckily not much time to worry about all the what-ifs *whew*
Surgery went well, the incision in which the Ovary was premoved thru was 2x's as large b/c of the size. Fortunately, the mass was Scar Tissue from my Hyst that had adherred the Ovary to my Vaginal cuff. My recovery went smoothly! I was out of work for 6-7 days then returned full-time. I have to say the pain was nowhere near that of my Hyst w/bikini incision. Part of my easy recovery was, IMO, because I had just went thru such a painful, more invasive surgery & I expected worse We are all diferent tho, what takes one person a week to recover may take another a few weeks?!? You can find some additional info on these along with several other conditions/treatments ect in our Resources Directory

Also here is another link that contains some info on Lap surgery itself that may contain some pertinent to perhaps help provide you with questions to ask of your Dr & other concerns you may wish to discuss:

LAPAROSCOPY

Info on Laps

I hope this is of some help....Good Luck I hope you will pls keep us posted on how things are going...((hugs))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register