Blessed and hospitals can be nice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Blessed and hospitals can be nice Blessed and hospitals can be nice

Unread 03-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Blessed and hospitals can be nice

Hi guys

I never thought I would be doing this again. As you know, I'm still in the hosp. and will be for some time. I still don't know much so my dh is meeting with the dr's here today (alone, I think it's better, since I have the feeling they may be more forth coming with info with him than with me, since it seems they never want me to think about anything but today and to keep positive)

But guess what, I'm writing this message from the hospital, I am not supposed to but they let me! They gave me a special room to go to when I want to go on the net. I don't have much energy but at least I can handle a little bit each day.

Last night a girl that I know came by with a friend of hers and really prayed over me and I had asked for the nurses and doctors, the doctors most of all to be more compassionate, and lo and behold, they gave me internet which is a no no here! Just like mobile phones and such. I am just so thrilled, I can be in contact with you guys a bit and I am just so happy. I cried and cried when they told me that I could use this spare room on the floor for things. I had been in pain and sleeping all day, so exhausted but when the good news came it really gave me reason to get up and to at least try to be in contact with my sisters.

As for me, well, things are not too well, and I don't know the future but am hoping for the best.

Many hugs and love and thanks for all of your support

Maria

Trust in God, miracles still happen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2004, 07:42 AM

Maria, I am so grateful for your answered prayers and ability to stay in contact with us. With a prolonged stay that should help to make it more tolerable. Please know that so many of us are thinking of you and praying for you. I hope that the news from the doctors today is encouraging.

Love and prayers to you and your husband.
Unread 03-04-2004, 08:47 AM
Maria,

it was so wonderful to read your post. Imagine that you are thinking about us and how we are doing! Your husband has been wonderful letting us know how you are doing. Please keep getting stronger every day!!! All my love and prayers to you, dear Maria!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2004, 08:55 AM

(((Maria))):

My prayers have been with you throughout this (although I don't post on this forum often).

I'm glad to see that the hospital "powers that be" understand there is more to healing than just walking up and down the halls and good pain control! Being able to be supported here HAS to make a huge difference in your outlook .

Now, go get some rest! It's so good to hear from you, but you know those pillow ...

Audrey
Unread 03-04-2004, 08:55 AM

Hi Maria!

Glad you are feeling well enough to post here! That is great that they let you use the internet. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Beth
Unread 03-04-2004, 09:17 AM

Wow Maria,

I feel like this is a miracle! I was so excited when I saw your name on some posts. It is good that the Doc's let you get on the internet for a while. Being in the hospital can be so discouraging sometimes. Being able to be in contact with people can really boost someone's spirits.

I am sorry you are still having problems. I choose to be confident that the Doc's will work it out and have you all fixed up in no time. You have such a wonderful spirit and so many people are praying and thinking of you everyday, you have to get better soon.

Take Care Maria and rest well.

Sharon
Unread 03-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Great Seeing Your Post

How wonderful that you can use that room and post--see, those prayers worked and all of ours are working too. It's great hearing from you directly, but Adrie has been so good about updating us and his English is extremely good. Just keep taking it one day at a time and you'll make it. The prayers continue. May things improve for you too. Setbacks or problems can occur; every time I have had one, things have worked out.
Unread 03-04-2004, 11:24 AM

Hi Maria
How exciting to see your post!
I'm so glad the hospital understands how important this is to you and they are cooperating!

I'll look forward to hearing from you when you feel up to it my dear!

sending you blessings and gentle s
Unread 03-04-2004, 11:37 AM

Maria
Haven't written for a while but I have thought of you every day there in Holland and so pleased to see your latest post and know that you can count on the support of all your sisters every time you log on! I hope so much that every day brings a lot LESS pain and that you'll be out of hospital asap. With love and hugs from across the Atlantic. Debs
Unread 03-04-2004, 11:56 AM

Maria! I was so excited to see your name on this post!

How wonderful that they are allowing you to use the net...as Audrey said, there's a lot more to healing than just the clinical stuff.

May you continue to mend, bit by bit, day by day....you know that our prayers and love are there with you!

Blessings.
Marlene

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register