Anyone else get"fussy" when time to change your patch? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else get"fussy" when time to change your patch? Anyone else get"fussy" when time to change your patch?

Unread 03-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Anyone else get"fussy" when time to change your patch?

I've been noticing a trend. Without looking at the calendar to know it's time to change my patch, I can tell by my mood !!!
Anyone else ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Patch

What patch are you on? I've been on Esclim .05 for 5 months. I use to be on premarin pill .635 mg. My mood seems different since the change. I seem to get more irritable and easily agitated. I may ask to go back Doc felt using a patch was less evasive to other organs. Not sure what thats all about.
What are your thoughts?
Unread 03-04-2004, 04:47 PM

I've only been on my patch (Climera .1mg) for 3 weeks now, but yes, I can feel it about the 5th day. Seem to get a bit more snippy with the DH, shorter temper, just less... serene.

I'm going to talk to my DD at my 1 month check in about possibly upping the dose by switching it every 5 days, rather than 7... seems to work really well other than that last day and a half or so.

I really want to stay on the patch rather than the pill, due to the nature of the estrogen being body-identical to natural. I can't help but think that's better for me than pills made out of pregnant mare's urine. *Shudder*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2004, 06:14 PM
5 days and time to change

I have been on the patch for about a year and at 5 days is all it seems to last on me. Irritability, moodiness, anxiety and hot flashes start to return. Pills never were effective for me. Climera patch works great. Generic patches were awlful and never worked and never again. I think if you checked with your Dr., they'd tell you to change it at the 5th or 6th day.
Unread 03-06-2004, 09:53 AM

Hi Gals...sorry for the delay in replying...and thanks for your replies.

I am currently on Vivelle dot (.1mg) AND Premarin pill (.625mg).
At first was only using the patch - changing on the Thurs./Sun. cycle and had noticed my irritablity increasing when time to change patches. Mentioned this to Dr. and he thought estrogen might be too low and added the Premarin. STILL getting moody when patches are wearing low.

Any suggestions on what to do now?

I was really looking forward to not having PMS anymore after my hyst, but now I'm having it 8 times a month! Geez.....

Welcome to the jungle!
Unread 03-07-2004, 12:53 AM
4-5 day patch deal

I am so comforted to hear I'm not the only person who finds the patch only lasts 5 days. I'll never forget when my first OBGYN said (sarcastically) "you know they have tested these patchs throughly and the results show they are very good at lasting 7 days" - yeah, right... I promptly found a new doctor (who is wonderful)...

I must tell you it works much better for me on my backside (left or right hip in the fattiest area)... when I was wearing the patch (I use .1 Climara) on my lower abdomen I blew through them in 3-4 days but now that it's on my backside I can go till the evening of the 4th or 5th day... I don't get irritable I just feel a migraine coming on and I know it's imitrex and patch changing time...

also - once the patch is on for 24 hours I feel absolutely great for the next 2 to 3 days (it's kind of a vicious cylce)

thank goodness for this site

cathy
Unread 03-07-2004, 05:04 AM

I am on the Climara patch 0.025 for the past 4 weeks and I too have the problem of the 5th to 6th day being a witchy day. But Friday morning the new one goes on and much better. So its alot of us and I have tried moving the patch from the backside to the abdomen this week, see how this goes.
Unread 03-08-2004, 03:11 PM

Phew....I thought it was just me.

I am only on my 2nd patch, and on day 5 of the first patch I started having terrible hot flashes (someone had to tell me thats what they were since I had never had them before) and could cry at the drop of a hat. I felt GREAT when I put a new patch on.

I am going in for my 2 week check up on Friday and am hoping my doctor will okay changing the patch on day 5. I have read a lot of posts on this site that say it can take up to a year for your hormones to get tuned in right.....

Thanks for listening!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register