ovary in a bad position | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ovary in a bad position ovary in a bad position

Unread 03-05-2004, 11:07 AM
ovary in a bad position

Has anyone heard of this?

I have been having pain at what I thought was the end of the vaginal cuff during intimacy, so I went to the dr to see if he could tell me what was wrong (since I'm 8 months post op I figured I should be healed up fairly well!!!) -- and in fact I am - he did a complete internal (just lovely NOT)... and didn't see anything that looked wrong.
Then he did an ultrasound and found that my left ovary has "flopped", for lack of a better word, over the vaginal cuff.

(after a hyst, in theory it the ovaries can "flop" "down and outwards" a bit or, into the "center" once the uterus isn't there to hold them up. Lucky me, mine went in. (I got to see it on the computer screen too).

It isn't stuck- it is just sitting there. But what that means is that during sex, when dh hits the cuff, he also taps my ovary -- which would be the equivalent of me tapping his testicles -- needless to say this doesn't add a lot of fun to the experience.

Has anyone else had this problem - if so what did you do?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2004, 12:33 PM
ovary in a bad position

Sorry to hear this. Pain with intercourse is an ongoing issue for me, too. You might try shifting positions during intercourse - certain angles might be better or controlling depth might help you.

My DH's grown very in tune to my facial expressions and knows immediately when its uncomfortable and that we need to take a different approach. Some times just the smallest adjustments help a great deal.

Sex is for our enjoyment. If it hurts, don't do it. Find another way.

If you have not already, this is a good time for a frank discussion with DH. I'm sure you two can work it out.

Best wishes!!!
Unread 03-05-2004, 03:06 PM
ovary in a bad position

DH is not a problem --- he is already thinking of things to try -- my problem right now is that I don't even feel like trying (ok,- part of that is that I still feel sore from the prodding of the appointment.....)

I'm sorry to hear you have problems too --- they say misery loves company, but I wouldn't wish this one on anybody.

thanks for the encouragement -- from the point of view of trying things as a couple, I am not worried --- what scares me is that they might not work (usually I'm not so pessimistic, but right now I'm really upset.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Hi Cheryl,

Indeed, you are not alone! I just had my "annual" at my gyno and told him about the pain I was having w/my dh. He suggested trying different positions OR, trying low dose birth control pills for awhile.

He explained that since the birth control pills stop ovulation, it gives your ovaries a chance to "calm down" and get resettled. One more month like the one I had last month and I'll be sure to give it a try. It may be something to discuss with your doctor.

It beats the alternative-more surgery to have the ovaries removed! Yikes! That's the last thing me, or my gyno want so it's worth a try I guess.

Good luck!
Unread 03-06-2004, 03:26 PM
ovary in a bad position

Another member pm'd me to say that she had to have lysis for Adno and while the dr was dealing with that, she moved the ovary and did something to keep it in a better position. I'm going to get more info about that.....

I think I'm more than willing to try several things before having surgery again, but it was nice to hear that there was (at least in this other woman's case) a way to move the ovary as opposed to RE-moving it!

Until this I would have said I had an almost perfect recovery.
Unread 03-06-2004, 09:03 PM
ovary in a bad position

(((((Cheryl)))))) I'm so sorry that you're having these problems I agree that sex is supposed to be enjoyed... it's not supposed to be painful.

In my case, most of the time, things are ok.... even great However, there are times, and positions, where it seems that DH goes a little too deep and touches something (feels like my right ovary) that is very uncomfortable. In such cases, we just shift a little, change position in order for me to control the depth and things get ok again.

I sincerely hope that you will not have to undergo another surgery to resolve this problem
Unread 03-07-2004, 09:54 AM
ovary in a bad position

(((Cheryl)))

s

I am having a similar problem...I understand how you are feeling.

I am 2 years post-op and just recently started having problems with my right ovary. I am also having sharp pain during intercourse. After 26 years of marriage I am discouraged because this is the first time sex has not been enjoyable. I had a vaginal ultrasound and pelvic exam last week - my doctor said the ovary has many more cysts on it and some of the cysts are showing cell changes. They also suspect adhesions. I see the doctor again this week - I think they are going to suggest a lap procedure to see what is going on.

The thought of more surgery irritates and frightens me. I am going to try to be optimistic and hope there is a non-surgical treatment. If not I'll have to take each day as it comes. <sigh> Just when I thought life was looking up and my body was cooperating this problem arises.

I will be keeping you in . The Road is often difficult but please know you have friends who care about you and understand.
Unread 03-07-2004, 10:42 AM
ovary in a bad position

((Dany)) thanks for the encouragement.
((Lynn)) -- I'm so sorry to hear your news. I really hope you don't have to have more surgery.

we both thought we were doing ok, and then......feels like someone has pulled the rug out doesn't it?

thank you for your affectionate caring and know that you are in my ers too. I'll be watching for an update from you next week.
Unread 03-09-2004, 12:14 PM
ovary in a bad position

Hi Cheryl I was wondering did you have your tubes removed or where they left behind?
Andie xx
Unread 03-09-2004, 12:18 PM
ovary in a bad position

As far as I know the tubes are still there. ..... I guess I would have to ask to be 100% sure, but when the dr drew a pic to show what would be done, I recall seeing the tubes as NOT being removed...

why do you ask?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register